photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Design Under the Influence: Fashion Designers at Home & Work

Diane von Furstenberg

Hello, it's Erika from small shop! With the wrapping up of the Spring 2013 RTW fashion shows, for this month's "Design Under the Influence" I thought it would be fun to take a look at five designer's homes, and how their personal styles are reflected in their collections. I find it really interesting how a designer's aesthetic can translate from decor to fashion, and vice versa. They definitely each have their own unique look!

home / work

/

home / work

/

home / work

/

home / work

/

home / work

/

Does your home reflect your wardrobe?

10 comments:

Albertina || Mimosa Lane said...

Fabulous! They are so similar...you can see the designer's general aesthetic throughout.

Hannah said...

Oooh I love DVF & Trina Turks... But all of the designer's homes really do reflect their designs. I think my home definitely reflects my wardrobe.. starting with the fact I can't get away from shades of blue in my closet or my home.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Elizabeth said...

Aggghhhhh Erika you chose all my fave designer's homes! My home is almost purely gray and minimalist and you walk in my closet and it is like a bag of skittles! I always thought jewel tones looked best on me but as I get older I am trying to pare my closet down as well - just black, white, gray, and a few pops color - like the art in my house against the classic furniture.
xoxo -e (modern24seven)

Anonymous said...

Looove this post

Elba Valverde said...

This is amazing! I loved seeing how their homes are a mirror of their style and work, I guess that I would wear some of the styles I see around my house, at least the colors and patterns, in the end design is design in any area, right?

Karena said...

Erika it is amazing isn't it? Designers aesthetics transfer to decor and art and on and on!

xoxo
Karena
2012 Artists Series

Anonymous said...

Tom Ford's is just how I imagined it. Very sleek. I loooove Cynthia Rowley's home! Great post, Erika!

xo
The Now Style Book

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

so interesting. They really do mirror their styles. I don't think my own reflects my interiors as closely. Something to think about...

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

To the "tee"! hahahah I couldn't resist ;D My home looks EXACTLY like my wardrobe...all about the modern.global.glam! A bit of boho-luxe, and a whole lotta vintage-chic...I can definitely see the homes of these hi-profile designers mirroring their collections through color and vibe...EXCELLENT post Erika...one of my faves! So relevant for us gals who love fashion and interiors!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Chelsea said...

It really is just uncanny! Great post! Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

xoxo
Chels