photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Favorite Room: Brooke Giannetti

Hi everyone! This is Brooke from Velvet & Linen and Giannetti Home.  I am so thrilled to be here at La Dolce Vita! Thank you, Paloma for inviting me to be a part your  "My Favorite Room"  series. My favorite room at the moment is our Master Bathroom in our Channel Islands Harbor weekend home.

This gorgeous bathroom at Chateau de Moissac was one of the European bathrooms that inspired me to  turn our Master Bathroom ....

274438171013504779_Ops6BmuN_c
image source

from this...

IMG_2511

 

to this.

DSC_0319

I noticed that most of the European bathrooms that I loved were built using simple neutral materials such as limestone and plaster. Rarely did I see ornate mosaics or intricate tile work. Most likely these rooms were designed this way because they once had other uses, but whatever the reason, the result was a calm, serene atmosphere.

To create the same soothing feeling in our bathroom, I also chose simple, neutral materials. For example, in the shower I selected  pale limestone slabs on the walls, aged limestone on the floor, and clean sheets of glass.

DSC_1072

Like the pieces in my favorite European bathrooms, special antiques became the focal points in the room.

Romerein_giannetti-oxnard_aa1-12_Flat

 

My pewter tub is the other "Queen" in the room, demanding attention. 

Lighting was kept simple as well: a couple of sconces on the wall, a Circa Lighting "Petite Paris Flea Market Chandelier" in the center and two vintage pendants above the sinks.

DSC_1076

Similar to the pieces in European bathroom, most of the furniture and fixtures in my bathroom aren't built in. This allows my bathroom to be easily altered. For example, recently when we decided to live in our weekend house full time, we realized that we needed more storage. Because our tub was free standing, we  simply removed the tub and replaced it with this French cabinet. My bathroom design holds up even without my tub. IMG_2204

You might be wondering what happened to my tub.  It is in storage, waiting to be placed in our bathroom at the new home we are building, Patina Farm.

Who knows? I may have a new Favorite Room soon!

Image

I hope you enjoyed My Favorite Room!

Thank you again, Paloma for letting me share "My Favorite Room" with your readers.

 

xo,

Brooke

21 comments:

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Brooke-
Your taste is just impeccable!! Thank you for sharing your room.
Happy Tuesday.
Teresa
xoxo

Tawna said...

So beautiful! I haven't ever seen all of these pictures...Brooke has to be my go-to every time for inspiration. Her taste is phenomenal!

Tawna
Reve Decor

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

No matter what your personal style preferences are, you can not deny how beautiful this reno is! I always feel like I'm taking a vacation when I see Brooke's work and your home should feel like a little of that right- a respite from the all the chaos that might lay outside the front door.

The Patina Farm plans... that is the stuff dreams are made of!

LifeLoveLuxe said...

What an astounding before/after! I can barely believe it's the same space. This is such a great example of how to take an inspiration photo and make it your own. Le sigh. I'm in love.

www.lifeloveandluxury.com

Hannah said...

Sooo much prettiness!

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Woodside Park said...

I always love seeing your bathroom. Enjoyed this guest post, Brooke. I never noticed, until now, the curved / barrel ceiling---beautiful! That Swedish enfilade is perfect as a double sink vanity.
Cheers,
Loi

The enchanted home said...

Spectacular Brooke! Hard to believe its the same bathroom.....love the armoire with storage and that tub...speaks for itself! Glad its moving with you to the new house!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Isn't Brooke great! Love that tub and can't wait to see it in it's new place.

Unknown said...

This is absolutely, positively gorgeous. And my jaw hit my desk when I saw the last sketch... Thank you for sharing! : )

Windlost said...

Hi Paloma!

Serene and perfect Brooke. I love everything but especially the fine and elegant light fixtures, that make it even more dreamy!
And that tub!!!

Well done. xo Terri

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

So glad you're taking that gorgeous tub with you to Patina Farm! I'm still kicking myself that I didn't bring my Lacanche from Houston to Franklin! It sounded so silly at the time, but I miss it everyday!

P.S. Your bathroom is one of my favorite rooms, too!

the designers muse said...

What a beautiful bathroom. Such a remarkable transformation. Love your design sensibility.
Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer

Greet Lefèvre said...

Brooke,
Your bathroom is one of my favorite bathrooms! The transformation is amazing!!
xx
Greet

SHERRY HART said...

Gorgeous bath......so romantic! I am sure the new bathroom will be just as fabulous.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Super guest post, Brooke, and oo la la!!! J'adore your bathroom, too....so elegant!

Your Patina Farm bath will be a fantasy bathroom, too.

Merlin said...

Pass the bubble soap (or champagne) please. Multi-functional! franki

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Brooke, Your bathroom is amazing...and the drawing for the new bathroom at Patina.Farm takes my breath away. thanks for sharing. Mona

Kathysue said...

Brooke, Bathrooms are my favorite rooms to design and yours is done impeccably. It is serene, warm and inviting. It feels more like a room to lounge in than most bathrooms. Every single element you have chosen marries well together. A lovely room to visit daily! Kathysue

michele said...

i can see why this is a favorite room, brooke! heavenly finishes and timeless lovely.

smiles to you.

michele

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I can see why this is your favorite room.....I love the antiques you added, it gives it a simple, but elegant feel.

Bathroom Remodel Contractors said...

In our European travels, one of our favorite bathroom features were the towel warmers and heated floors. No matter how lovely the atmosphere, nothing beats stepping out of a hot shower onto a warm floor and wrapping a heated towel around you!