photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Global Architecture: Connecticut Classic

http://www.sothebyshomes.com/greenwich/sales/0064465# 1
Hello LDV readers! Brendan here of (BAD) Blog About Design. I'm so excited to share with you some of my favorite traditional styled homes and elegant looks... Greenwich, Connecticut has some of the most magnificent homes in the world. I love homes in Greenwich, Connecticut because, each home has its own unique style and look. Home I: This wonderful Normandy style estate in Greenwich, Connecticut is surrounded by colorful grounds and greenery making it perfect for a spring getaway. Applying Ivy onto the front facade is a great way to soften brick or stone. In addition, Ivy adds a touch of classic glamour. A great way to give the entrance of your home some sprucing up for the spring is by adding flowers. I always love yellow flowers in front of my home as they are very inviting.
http://www.sothebyshomes.com/greenwich/sales/0065641# 2
Home II: This wonderful estate is set on eleven acres of well landscaped grounds. The estate looks as if it is set in the European Country side. What fascinates me about this home is the large windows. I love home's with much natural light. The home is very stately and speaks volumes on its own, therefore, I like how simple the landscaping is.
http://www.sothebyshomes.com/greenwich/sales/0065761# 3
Home III: This 1930s Georgian colonial is set on over eight acres of land. Whenever I think of estates in the Northeast I always think of home's that look like this, classic, with beautiful detailing. The estate has a very warm and inviting look, despite being so large. To achieve this, the landscape architect applied much greenery both on and around the home. This estate also features a wonderful pool and tennis court, I wish I knew the owners so I could invite myself over!
http://www.sothebyshomes.com/greenwich/sales/0065727# 4
Home IV: This home is another example of Georgian architecture. The home was built in 1927, by the acclaimed Twachtman brothers. The estate features many impeccably landscaped gardens in the English park style. I can just picture myself laying on the grass, reading a book here. It feels like such a magical place.
The Fashion: For the above looks I was inspired by classic pieces with a modern edge. Whenever I think of classic pieces with a modern edge I always go Halston Heritage. The Halston dress features a wonderful stripe pattern. It's the perfect dress for an evening on the town. The Alejandro pumps are very elegant, but do not go overboard. The color works great with both dresses, the Juliet & Company necklace, Elizabeth and James sunglasses and vintage Chanel clutch. Which piece is your favorite?
http://www.sothebyshomes.com/greenwich/sales/0065641# 5
http://www.sothebyshomes.com/San-Francisco-Real-Estate/sales/0085650# 6
Home V & VI: Home five has wonderful views of the water. I can just image how beautiful the property must look during the fall. Home six was designed for the heiress of Hibernia Bank in 1930 by noted architect, David Adler. Unlike the home's above, this home was built in California. The pool deck is my favorite part of this home. It's wonderfully landscaped and has sweeping views. Which estate do you want to live in?
The Fashion: For the above looks I was inspired by purely classic elegance. The Thread Eleanor gown is absolutely amazing and captures the whole feel of classic elegance. It's the perfect dress for a formal event at any one of the above homes. The second dress has the most wonderful beading. It's simple and can be dressed up or down. Pair the dresses with a Diane von Furstenberg clutch to add a little flare. Which piece is your favorite? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beyond dreamy <3 xx,
The Golden Girls

Sam said...

Hey Brendan, I absolutely love this! Between the beautiful clothing and accessories and amazing mansions I'm in Heaven <3,Sam