photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dream Home: Flower Hill Design

Today’s gorgeous “Dream Home” comes from the imagination of Jean at Flower Hill Design Company. Enjoy!
Flower Hill Design
Hello La Dolce Vita readers!  I'm Jean from Flower Hill Design and I am thrilled to be here today participating in The Dream Home Series!  La Dolce Vita is one of my favorite blogs and The Dream Home Series is a must read for me!
My dream home is as much a place to showcase beautiful art and furniture as it is a place that is comfortable and functional for the busy life of my family.  Located in the Hollywood Hills this 1930's home blends classic elements and history with the casual lives of a modern family.
Welcome.  Come on in and I'll give you a tour...
The living room space highlights beautiful moldings, trim and wainscoat.  Although in many spaces these details can leave a space feeling very formal, the mix of furniture styles makes this space comfortable and welcoming.  You'll see I incorporated my favorite barcelona chairs into the design and just beyond an antique chest purchased at an estate sale.
The kitchen is the heart of my home.  My family spends most of their time here.  A huge center island and large table make this kitchen a great place to work on homework and school projects.  It also is the perfect space for casual entertaining.  Notice all of the windows and french doors that let in all of the California sunshine.  The kitchen is bright and open to the rest of the home.
The kitchen adjoins the family room space.  This room is where movies are watched, games are played, and family photos are displayed.  No one is worried about putting their feet up on the coffee table here.
Showhome 2010 - 2 modern
{Witt Construction via Houzz}
Of course just off of the kitchen as well is a butler's pantry.  This is the perfect place to store my china, crystal, and linens for more formal get togethers. Pinned Image {via}
The dining room has a table large enough to seat twelve.  It's formal enough of a space to use fine china, but casual enough that guests are comfortable and want to stay.  I love that chandelier, another estate sale find.  It casts the most beautiful light. 081111jenniferdyerhousetour_13_rect640 {Apartment Therapy} I've been known to host a party or two.  So, the dining room would not be complete without a chic bar cart.  Can I offer you a cocktail? {Atlanta Homes Magazine} The master bedroom is my favorite place in the home.  It's a getaway from the busy day to day.  Here you'll find a soothing color palette, luxurious linens, and a place to sit back with a favorite book.  Antique pieces work beautifully with more modern touches.  A piece of modern art adds just enough of a punch of color to complete the space. {Elizabeth Kimberly Design} A walk in closet houses only my shoes.  The sign says it all.  I've left just enough space in the shelving up top for new purchases. Pinned Image {via} And then there's the closet for my clothes too... Pinned Image {via} The master bath has a large soaking tub.  There's no better way to relax.  The his and hers vanities make getting ready for a night out a pleasure.  Did you notice the carrara marble floor in the herringbone pattern?
Los Altos Bathroom traditional bathroom
{Design Discoveries via Houzz}
My son's room was designed to be a space that grows with him.  The room can be updated any time to reflect his ever changing interests. {via} A work space with feminine touches to call my own is a must.  Again a mix of old and new.  The Louis XVI chair is an estate sale find reupholstered in a fine linen.   It's paired with a trestle desk from Ikea.  This is where you'll find me perusing Pinterest and catching up with my favorite blogs. Pinned Image {via} My husband works hard, so he has his own space to retreat to too.
SchappacherWhite Ltd. traditional exterior
Of course there's a place for you to stay when you visit.  The guest bedroom is just as luxurious as the master bedroom.
 
081111jenniferdyerhousetour_33_rect640
{Apartment Therapy} Your en suite bathroom.
Harbor View traditional bathroom
With the warm California weather our family spends a lot of time outdoors.  The pool and lounge area get a lot of use. 
 
081111jenniferdyerhousetour_45_rect640 {Apartment Therapy} There's a pool house too.  The kids love it here.  Those upper bunks in the loft make for great sleep overs.
Profile modern pool
There you have it!  My dream home that is perfect for the way my family lives.  A place that has a bit of history, but still allows for the making of the new memories of a modern family.  Thanks for stopping by and taking a tour!
And thank you to Paloma for allowing me to share my dream home today!
XOXO,

14 comments:

jessicaraesommer said...

WOW. This home is beautiful! Bright, detailed, comfortable- amazing. Dream home... absolutely.

Thanks for sharing Pamona!
xo Jessica Rae

www.lovelyuglydesign.blogspot.com

Chic Coles said...

Wow what a fun dream. Beautiful images with so much inspiration.

Madeleine said...

Your house is incredible Jean, you have impeccable taste!

xo
madeleinestyles.blogspot.com

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

AHHH this is pretty much HEAVEN! I love the butler's pantry and the wallpaper, I love the dude's room, I love the shoe room. All of it :) thanks for sharing!!


OH and dont forget to check out our GIVEAWAY today!!

Bethany
www.PowellBrowerHome.com

Annie said...

Love this dream space-- that kitchen is so stunning and one of my favorites as well.

Anonymous said...

thank you flower hill for sharing such a GORGEOUS dreamlike home! xx,
The Golden Girls

Unknown said...

This is dreamy...why not have it all! Love the color choices and design.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Stacy CUrran said...

Jean, this is to die for. Couldn't be more my style! The kitchen is the best I've ever seen. And of COURSE there has to be a cool bar cart and those closets in a dream home. I loved every single part of this!! Great post
Stacy

Nicole Rene said...

when can I move in????

Anonymous said...

Thanks all for your nice comments! And thanks to Paloma for having me!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

This is definitely a dream home!! Love it all Jean.

Jalon Burton said...

OH WOW - I think I just found MY DREAM HOME (or at least one that moved to the top of the list!) Thanks for sharing these amazing images.... I just love them all, I will have to go back and 'study' again. Enjoy the rest of your day (I know I will studying these gorgeous shots!) Jalon

Alison Royer said...

Beautiful Home! Jean has terrific taste and a great blog too!! So fun to see her on here!

Cre8ive Motives said...

Your dream home is gorgeous Jean. Thanks for the inspiration.