photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dream Home: The Peak of Tres Chic

Today’s “Dream Home” comes from Sam of the Peak of Tres Chic. I am loving the romantic vibe of her home. Enjoy!
The Peak of Tres Chic
Bonjour, La Dolce Vita readers!  Sam here from The Peak of Tres Chic.  I am so honored to be guest posting today about my dream home on Paloma's blog.  La Dolce Vita is one of my daily reads, and I always adore the weekly dream home feature.  Today, I give you- my personal dream home!
Welcome to my cozy home!  It's a cottage tucked behind two palm trees and a white picket porch.  Come right inside and make yourself at home.
Here's my entry way.  The double front doors are such a fun touch, and during the spring I like to keep them open so fresh air can filter in.  I also like to keep fresh roses here to welcome guests. Isn't my light fixture fun?
The other side of my entry way is floor to ceiling windows.  I dressed them up with these pink cinched curtains and a fancy chandelier. That brings us right in to the living room.
 
Our living room is a constant work in progress and almost never this tidy.  With multiple projects going on and guests constantly going in and out, this room is where most of the action takes place.  I love our wood coffee table and orange chair.  I tried to infuse bits of color in this room without it being overwhelming.  My favorite element in the living room is this Chanel lamp placed in the corner.  Isn't it lovely?
Next up, our kitchen!  I love the cabinetry.  We painted it a mint green and added traditional stainless steel fixtures.
I also love the white marble counter tops and the stove with brass trim. 
This is where we sit and eat breakfast as a family most mornings.  When I found these Lucite chairs, I just had to have them.  I added a turquoise geometric cushion for comfort.
Adjacent to the kitchen is our formal dining room.
For the dining room, we juxtaposed natural wood elements with glam touches of crystal and glass.  I love our classic wood floors and table.  I like to keep the table set at all times, just in case guests stop by unexpectedly and we decide to throw an impromptu dinner party!  Next door to the dining room is where I get my work done.
The black and white chevron wing-back chair is my favorite chair in the house.  I just love it!  I also love the purple sheer curtains and glass desk.  I like to keep pictures of family and friends around my desk for a personal touch. 
At the foot of our stairs is an ornate Venetian mirror and classic chest we found on a trip to Greece.
  This is probably my favorite spot in our house! Now let's head up the stairs so I can show you the master bed and bath. 
Welcome to the master bedroom!  We wanted to create a light, airy aesthetic in our bedroom that would evoke a calming vibe.  That's why we don't have a TV in this room and try to stick to reading magazines and books before bedtime.  I love the bench at the end of our bed.  The gold legs add such a luxe vibe! 
Right outside our bedroom we have a lovely balcony we like to read and drink wine on. 
We added a string of lights for evenings and the occasional party we host.  Our cat happens to love this spot, too!  Next up, my lovely closet!  I could live in here.
Can you tell I love Hermes?  I decorated the top shelves with orange Hermes boxes for a little color.  I also love the glass cabinets that store my clothes inside them. 
 Next to our closet is the master bath...
We wanted to create a natural space that gave off a spa-vibe.  The bathtub is actually a jacuzzi that goes outdoors to another private balcony.
Next up on our home tour is the guest bedroom...
I love this gray tufted bed frame paired with pops of pink and white linens.  We added a chandelier and sconces for reading light.
Here's the guest bath.  We glammed up this space with a large Venetian mirror, an oversized stainless steel tub and lots of pink towels.  If I am up early enough, I like to leave a mimosa in the bathroom for my guests before they wake.  Let's go back downstairs now so I can show you the pool!
Like I said before, we love to entertain.  We often throw pool parties! 
We built this mini cabana by the pool.  It provides some sun protection when temperatures are almost too hot to bear!  Of course, we had to add a few chandeliers. 
I hope you enjoyed the tour of my dream home!  Please feel free to stop by my home anytime.  And also, please stop by The Peak of Tres Chic soon and say "Hi!". 
Thank you for having me today, Paloma!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word this is a gorgeous dream home- love every single room!!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

LOL Sam - I love the way you put that together, talking about your 'home'. SOOOOOOO cute!!

Bethany
www.PowellBrowerHome.com

kristin said...

I love the kitchen, bathroom, pool…everything!

Unknown said...

The cinched curtains, stacks of Hermes boxes and pink accent pillows - what a dream!

Thank you for sharing!!

Andrea said...

This is amazing! I love everything about this dream home!

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

WOW!! Everything is perfect, pretty and glamorous! This is def my dream home as well! Great job Sam!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the cabana and chandeliers!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Hot diggity dog! That office and that tub. Definitely two things I'd love to find when I walk around the corner in my own home. Great job Sam.

Madeleine said...

Love this idea !

Anonymous said...

So much to comment on!!! Sam, this is amazing! That kitchen makes me want to die..it's so gorge!!! And the floor in "your" dining room?? LOVE!!! Great post!! xoxo Elizabeth

Julia Ryan said...

Sam has the most amazing style and I'm so happy to see her sweet self over here today!

Nuha said...

as always, sam has impeccable taste - absolutely adore everything from the mint +gold kitchen to the gorgeous entryway..sublime :-)

http://nuhasofiyan.blogspot.com

miss b said...

I see why this is Sam's dream home - I love so much of it - the balcony, colour of the kitchen, closet.......
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

So Beautiful Sam! My favorite room is the kitchen.....LOVE those mint cabinets and brass stove. I might actually cook in there! Also adore the Lucite chairs!

XO

Lisa Mende Design said...

What a great dream home! Love every detail!

Unknown said...

Ahhh just as pretty and lovely as you are Sam! Love the first pic, and the bathrooms, and well of course the "closet"!!

Nicole Copko said...

Thanks so much for including Garrison Hullinger Interior Design in your post! Check out the kitchen in more detail, as well as the rest of the home here:http://garrisonhullinger.com/portfolios/interiors-classic-remodel/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tabby said...

The furniture sure is lovely, I should say. That would easily become anyone's dream house! :)

Hannah Smart said...

I am in love with those pink cinched curtains. Where did you find them?