photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dream Home: Décor is like Butter

Today's bohemian luxe "Dream Home" comes from the lovely Anastasia of Decor is like Butter. Enjoy!
Hello, La Dolce Vita readers. Anastasia here from Décor is like butter. What a dream it is take part in this series and be a guest on Paloma’s blog. Paloma has been such an inspiration to me when it comes to both design and being able to follow your dreams, her ‘La Dolce Vita blog’ and her ‘High Gloss’ magazine was always such a treat to read. Thanks, Paloma for having me.
Welcome to my dream home! My dream home would be a timeless yet cotemporary house. Having lived in small inner-city apartments for the past five years - as much as I love it, I feel that I am ready for house. When it comes to the exterior of the home, what I really value most is the windows, lighting, and greenery (lots of it). One particular aspect that I admire the most is casement style windows, or at least ones that resemble the style.
Probably the space where I would spend most of my time, which would mean this, would be the space that I would need to connect to the most. I’d need a place that is layered, sophisticated and comfortable and has lots of light. Surrounded by books, art, lots of seating, lamps and personal touches. My inspiration for the perfect living space would be Kate and Andy Spade's living area.
What I think would be ideal is to have one main dining area where you can hold dinner parties and a smaller space, more of an intimate dining space for you and your partner and friends.
The large dining area would have lots of natural light, art and a modern dining table complimented with a set of classic Louis XVI chairs.
 My smaller dining room would resemble Jonathan Berger's small dining area design, with classic Louis XV chairs in pink and some comfortable chaises around the dining area to which you could quickly move yourself to after eating too many cakes and sweets. Which would happen a LOT.
Being a classic girl at heart with a slight modern edge, I would go for a classic looking kitchen in black with glass doors and some open shelving. Kelly Wearstler's black kitchen would be pure perfection but I would add a very cute breakfast nook where I could lay about - eat croissants, read and dream. 
When it comes to the bathroom, I have always wanted black striped wallpaper and a classic tub. Masculine and sophisticated is the look I'd go for when it comes to my bathroom. Something exactly like Luis Bustamante's bathroom above. But I would add a classic claw-footed tub in mint, to slightly soften up the space.
Perhaps this is getting a little greedy, but a second living area would be utter perfection and an absolute MUST. Something different to the rest of the house - something a tad more risky, more energizing - a room you could just experiment with. I would experiment there with color, fabrics, art, accessories and different styles of furniture. 
A tufted velvet headboard is a definite must for my master bedroom, along with a mirrored wall. I really like the look that designer Elizabeth Bauer created above. And I would definitely need lots of art around the room.
This would be my boudoir. Girly and glam with velvet seating, zebra and leopard prints, chandelier, fresh flowers and lots of colorful boxes especially ones from Hermes.
I would definitely need a small library; I’ve always loved the idea of having a library in a hallway. Black built-in bookcases with a table in the middle in a confined space givesyou the feel that you are actually in a library.
I'm not one for gardening but I would like to be able to enjoy beautiful greenery. And in my “ideal” world I would have a small pool almost disguised as a pond, which would compliment the natural environment perfectly. A girl can dream right...
Hope you enjoyed my dream home today. Thanks so much Paloma for having me – it’s been such a treat!

2 comments:

viv said...

These images are incredible! Fabulous Tuesday morning inspiration.
fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Anastasia said...

Thanks Paloma for having me. I had so much fun putting together my dream home.

xAnastasia at Decor is like butter