photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Natalie Clayman Interior Design

Our famliy pet

I’ll be honest. After blogging about interior design for nearly four years, there are times when I feel completely uninspired or when it feels like there isn’t anything new to blog about that hasn’t already been seen a million times. This is exactly why it makes me so happy when I stumble upon designers or projects I have not seen before. I recently came across a photo of a room designed by Natalie Clayman which inspired me to do a little digging in order to see more of her work. I love that she uses bold colors, but doesn’t go crazy with an abundance of items in a room. She generally has a sleek, almost minimalistic approach to accessorizing that I find rather refreshing.

Decorating your dresser...

However, I have to say that my favorite rooms in her portfolio are those where she really turns up the volume with saturated color, patterns and bold accessories.

{I love this statement-making powder bathroom!)

Purple and Pink...

{I love how different this is from the baby girl nurseries we typically see.}

Fretwork

{I am dying over the fabulous pagoda mirror and Greek key chest in the nursery. That is one lucky baby!}

 

{Image Source: Natalie Clayman Interior Design}

15 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hello Paloma,

I agree with you. I feel the same way at times, I can't handle seeing the same things over and over. I'm always, always trying to find new things to post, exclusive things. I think it's important.

I'm liking this post today because the colors are so unique together, so vibrant. I'm not sure if I could live with it, but it's truly inspiring.

Great one!


Have a wonderful day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Meagan said...

I LOVE these pics! Just the right amount of color and funk!

Jessie said...

The bathroom is very beautiful and it also makes such a big statement. It eclectic and fresh, definitely not a bathroom you see everyday. I also love the artwork in the first picture, the colors are so striking.

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't imagine blogging for 4 years.
I love the powder room too, the wallpaper looks exquisite.

design elements said...

the 2nd image looks like art! beautiful!

Alysson said...

Good find!! Natalie Clayman's designs are so fun and bold. What risks she takes- but has great success creating a unique space. LOVE it!

https://simplicityisultimatesophistication.wordpress.com/

Monogrammed Throw Pillows said...

Absolutely stunning. My collection is fun and fresh!xx

Melanie
www.LuxuryMonograms.com

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Love that Nina Campbell paper. The powder room in general is gorgeous... doesn't seem like a bathroom at all!

meenal @ maison marigold said...

she does have a very distinctive style..very bold and colorful..love the first image..bold yet calm..thanks for sharing paloma..have a lovely day..do visit my blog when you have a moment..xx meenal

Ângela Varela Cunha said...

OMG she layers pattern and colour, and style, really, really well. She is not affraid of it, such a great design.

Michelle said...

I love the wall color in the second photo - especially with the white against it. But that pagoda mirror is fantastic!!

Jana said...

Great stuff, I love the simple texturing. I have been looking for wood like in the first picture, wonder where she found it... everything I seem to find is too chunky.

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

I agree! This is definitely refreshing and something I haven't seen before! Thanks for digging deep to find and sharing! ;)

A Lifestyle Thing said...

Refreshing designs. Love that nursery and powder room!

Tori said...

So lovely to see your write up on Natalie! I'm actually meeting with her tomorrow and I'm very excited!