photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Antidote for a Hectic Day: C Hotel

Foto 1

I’ve been feeling a little overwhelmed with so much going on lately, so when I saw the new C Hotel designed by one of my favorite designers, Lázaro Rosa Violán, I really gravitated to its simple, clean design. As usual, Violán plays with scale and height and sticks to a more minimal palette than usual. Everything is white, save for a few accent pieces. This beautiful place is the perfectly soothing on a hectic day.

foto_2

{This is by far my favorite space in the project. I love the white shutters, the bar, white slipcovered furniture and of course, those gorgeous industrial brass pendants.}

Foto 3

{A Great Mix of Textures in the Lobby}

Foto 4

{Another Shot of the Restaurant}

 

{Images Courtesy of Contemporain Studio}

10 comments:

The Purse-a-holic said...

This is just gorgeous!

A Girl's Next Best Friend

Jessie said...

I am very impressed with he first image, it is so beautiful and calming. I am truly inspired by the color palette and the designer's use of simple planters with greens to create drama in this space. Love it!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Ângela Varela Cunha said...

White! I'm so addicted to this colour, but no wonder, white spaces are always brilliant. I Just posted an hotel today and guess what, white and beige are kings. Beautiful hotel, beautiful!

Wendy said...

This is beautiful! where is it located?

Unknown said...

Wendy, I am not sure, but I'm guessing it's in Spain somewhere. The project is still in progress and Lazaro's website didn't list the location of the hotel. I wish I knew because I'd love to stay there!

Jason Puiia said...

This looks like just the spot... Do you think these renderings were made with 3-D Studio Max? Wondering what designers are using as presentations techniques...

Unknown said...

Wow, love the use of different width shutters to create a graphic pattern!

And the wicker Arne Jacobsen chairs? FAB.

Texskiss said...

This is going on my hotels list in my travel journal!! Absolutely gorgeous! Where is it??
www.texskiss.blogspot.com

Karena said...

Such a lovely respite! Paloma you always find the best!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Jenna Lee said...

This place is amazing! I love the style of it. Its so fresh and comfortable!

http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/