photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, May 20, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 05.20.11

When I first saw the above image of this fabulous nursery designed by the incredibly talented duo of Joe Lucas and Parrish Chilcoat of the Los Angeles-base design firm, Lucas Studio and store, Harbinger, my jaw hit the floor. The nursery is part of the Stately Homes by the Sea Showcase from last summer, but I just saw it for the first time yesterday. There are so many amazing details in this lucky baby’s room! Above, there are sconces by Circa Lighting, starburst mirrors and a statement-making pelican painting from Mecox Gardens and some lovely furniture that would work just as well in an adult space.

I would venture to say that what I love most about this nursery is that it isn’t overtly “babyish”. There are beautiful details, like Martyn Lawrence Bullard designed fabrics and Christopher Spitzmiller lamps. There is a seating area that probably doubles into a sleeping space for mom (or judging by the size of the space, for the baby nurse). However, the color palette, framed alphabet above the daybed (available through Harbinger), rocking horse and crib remind us that this space was indeed meant for a baby.

The bamboo crib from Kalon Studio features a unique design and Sferra linens, for good measure. I’d like to give a special thank you to Marisa of Style Beat, whose blog post I came across while searching for more information on this beautiful space. She featured a lot of the sources for the nursery as well as other rooms from the show house in her post.

{Images by John Bessler via Lucas Studio}

20 comments:

Cricket said...

Although I like many aspects of this room and I myself am not a fan of "babyish" rooms either, this room is almost rejecting the baby it is intended for. I mean could there be one more Sharp edge in there? I'm sorry to be down on it but it feels like the crib was thrown in as an afterthought. I love the pieces by themselves, love the pelican art work, love the color scheme. But a crib and rockinghorse just don't seem enough to save this room from guest-room-turned-nursery-without-redecorating-3-times. Sorry.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Oh, gosh... May 20th already!!! It's flying by!

This is so special to me since I'm expecting my 3rd baby! :-) I know, 3rd!!!! Wow! :-)

I'm loving this post... with a smile on my face!

Have a wonderful weekend!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Unknown said...

Now that is a nursery- I think it's absolutely stunning!!

meenal @ maison marigold said...

without the crib and the rocking horse..it would be hard to guess that this room is intended for a baby..i'm not one for themed baby rooms at all and this one sure is very elegant..but somehow it lacks the little playfulness that every kid's room needs..far too grown up and proper for me..xx meenal

H.G. The Countess said...

pretty much the best nursery, ever!

Lacey said...

I love this--how could the baby not be a cool baby in this environment? LOVES.

Heather @ Satisfying Spaces said...

Gorgeous!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Wow- jawdropping. What's so great about this space, is that it can stay this way for many, many years. It won't have to be turned into a "grown up" kid's space. Amazing!

Lattes and Juice said...

I can't believe this is a nursery!!! How stunning and sophisticated. LOVE LOVE LOVE and WANT WANT WANT!

Allie said...

Talk about a lucky baby! That has to be the chicest room I've seen in a long time. Nothing like starting that little one on the road to knowing great design, from the get-go :) Love it!

Jessie said...

This is the most sophisticated and elegant nursery I have ever seen. The color combinations are gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing!

Have an enjoyable and relaxing weekend!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

That is one AMAZING nursery!! I want to copy it all the way!! ;)

Intrigue and Inspire said...

Swoon! What a stunning baby nursery. There was a store nearby me that sold a reproduction of that painting which is an Audubon print that went for a clearance price.
I actually love grown up baby rooms and I wish there were more examples of them.
Thanks for sharing!

DecRenew Interiors said...

I want to be the mommy that nurses in this room. I spent hours in my girls nursery when they were young. How fortunate that they were able to make this so fabulous for all to enjoy! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

fancy but sooo impractical. the accessories won't last long once that baby is mobile. they'll learn :)

Shelly said...

I can't even imagine having a nursery THAT nice for a baby! It's beautiful! I want that pelican painting so bad....

Kellie Collis said...

This is probably the most fabulous nursery I have ever seen by far. I love every detail that was carefully put on it. Have a beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

W E L C O M E said...

LOVE the art above the fireplace.. Everything in the room flows just right..

Melissa:: Strong Sense of Style said...

I too, love that it's not too babyish... It's gorgeous and not a detail is missed. Wow!

Santi said...

love it!
its gorgeous ;)

love,catarina
santiroyalhome.blogspot.com