photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dream Home: Live Creating Yourself

Today, Alaina of Live Creating Yourself is sharing her beautiful and inspired dream home with us. Alaina is such a doll- a truly positive person with infectious energy and she is super stylish to boot. Enjoy!
 
Live Creating Yourself.
When Paloma asked me to contribute my dream home to her series, I knew the task would be exciting but also a challenge. You see, my taste in interiors changes daily; I love bright color as much I love an all-white room. I daydream of living in a cozy Cape Cod beach house, a city loft, and a spacious ranch in California. So instead choosing a single room to represent what I'd want my dream house to look like, I considered trends and characteristics I'd like it to have.
So here it is! A mashed-up version of the following:
LIVING ROOM
My dream living room would include:
• insanely high ceilings
• natural wood accents - support beams are preferable
• oversized windows so the space is bright on the dreariest of days
• an abundance of seating and end tables for game night with friends
• a George Smith rolled-arm couch in yellow
• extra-large art littered about the walls
• plants (hoping I've figured out how to keep them alive by then)
KITCHEN
My ideal kitchen would include:
• jaw-dropping pendant lights
• an antique farmhouse table
• white cabinets and open shelving
• carrera marble countertops - red wine spills be damned!
• a fully-equipped espresso station
• a vast collection of Mauviel copper pots hanging on display
WORK SPACE
My dream office would include:
• oversized work tables
• shelves overflowing with art supplies and books
• a combination of sleek contemporary pieces and vintage finds
• like all of the other rooms in the house, my ideal home office would include a view and plenty of natural light
MASTER BEDROOM
My perfect master bedroom would include:
• a king-size bed with upholstered headboard
• fresh flowers on the bedside table
• a fireplace
• a private screened-in porch
• the perfect writing desk with a view
• Jenna Lyons' shoe collection
GUEST ROOMS
And for my guests:
• a room with two twin beds
• crisp white linens and overstuffed pillows offer guests the perfect night's sleep
BATHROOMS
The bathrooms in my dream home would include:
• tiled walls
• a collection of vintage art
• claw-foot tubs
• rain head showers
• my favorite bath products and candles
OUTDOORS
The outside of my dream home would include:
• a wrap-around porch
• an oversized chess board
• hydrangeas galore
• a screened-in porch for summer nights uninterrupted by mosquitos
• a pool surrounded by grass
• and if the porch overlooked the ocean (any ocean), that would be the cherry on top
(but I'd also settle for panoramic views of the vineyards in Northern California)
So that's that. A girl can dream, right?

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh! Alaina's dream home is my favorite yet. She is such a class act! Great post.

meenal @ maison marigold said...

utterly gorgeous rooms..all laid back and lived-in..she's got great taste..have a lovely day..do visit my blog when you have a moment..xx meenal

Anonymous said...

Great choices. Love white rooms/ natural wood - everyone should have a screen porch to enjoy!

Amber Interiors said...

This is an amazing dream home! I hear ya on the whole style changes daily thing...so does mine. Loves it

Ana Liza said...

I wish I could 'like' other comments because I agree- all around gorgeous! I love the elements you've decided to include in your rooms. I'm going to buy fresh flowers for my bedroom tonight just to be able to cross something off this perfect list.

Cat said...

Oh my gosh, I love this. Adding the oversize chess board to my backyard dream!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Alaina's house is already one of my favourites as per se so i was sure I would absolutely adore her dream home!

Kelly Krugh said...

Love this series, and I love Alaina's picks!!!

Jessie said...

She has got great design style. We have the same list for the ideal living room except for the rolled arm couch.

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Ariel said...

Hey, i was visiting this blog, and i like your job. My english is bad and i'm sorry. I'm an argentinian, and i want to tell that i'm sharing one of your images that i found, it's about one of your quotes. Was very nice find it.
If you don't want to that im share your images you have to tell me, and it will be deleted.
Well. I hope you like my idea because i like to share things like this.
Well, i'm going to back to this site. See you soon.

Pd: if you want to see mi blog, this is: 14 me perdi. Well, goodbye.

Anna Ferguson said...

Love the guest post and so glad to see you on pinterest! I have always loved your super positive quotes, even on the days i don't want them and now I can repin them!

Anna

pinterest.com/greigegirl

Lucy said...

you have impeccable style, alaina! bookmarked this page immediately...and i'm going to look for an antique farmhouse table for my kitchen.

Annie @ gallop said...

Wow! Love love this dream home. In fact, its pretty close to what I am dreaming of right now.

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

I'm so glad people like it! It is quite "homey" isn't it?

If this home ever exists - frozen margaritas and game night on my porch every Friday! Hah

Thanks, again, Paloma for asking me to be a part of the series.

cassandra said...

Alaina, I'm moving in with you! Love the way you put these together too - you've picked some of my absolute faves! xoxo

Calvin said...

If this was Facebook, I would “Like” every single picture. Those are really wonderful choices, Alaina. I like it that you’re a fan of woods and the color white. Those two would make a really good combination. This is a refined mash up of home interiors. I’m sure Ms. Paloma enjoyed having you and your dream home in her wonderful series.

Calvin Mordarski