photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Christina Murphy Interiors

{I love the orange and brown color combination. I’ve employed the same palette in my own home!}

About a year has passed since the first time I blogged about New York interior designer, Christina Murphy’s work. I recently visited her website and was so happy to see that she has updated it with several fresh, new projects. She employs bold, saturated colors and vibrant patterns in most of the spaces she designs, so it’s always fun to see rooms with her signature griffe. I love the message she sends through her work…live out loud, be bold!

{Whose paintings are these? They look so familiar, but I can’t think of the artist’s name. Any idea? Notice the fabulous Greek key detail on the fireplace screen.}

{An Elegant Dining Room}

{How charming are these bunk beds?}

{This room features so many great accessories like the quatrefoil mirror, Missoni pillows, Farrow and Ball wallpaper and lucite coffee table.}

{A Classic White Kitchen with a Twist}

{A Lovely Lilac Bedroom}

{That is one fabulous floor!}

{You may recognize this amazing SoHo apartment since it was featured in Lonny earlier this year. How incredible are the door panels?}

{I love every last piece with legs in this space—the desk, bamboo chair, coffee table…}

{Christina knocked this breakfast nook out of the park! Herringbone floors, stunning original windows, ikat textiles, a built-in banquette and some fabulous hanging pendants from Circa Lighting…}

{The gorgeous antique mirrored panels continue into the master bedroom.}

{Headboard Detail}

{This bathroom is perfection. The marble, bathtub and bridge faucet are classically beautiful and the view is classic New York. Hopefully, the neighbors won’t peek in at bath time!}

 

What do you think? Are you a fan of Christina’s work?

 

{Images via Christina Murphy Interiors}

21 comments:

Kerrisdale Design Inc said...

Love!

Those paintings are gorgeous {black and white ones}. Nate Berkus used them in a Master bedroom once too. Would love to find out the artist.

Karla

12 devonshire said...

Gorgeous spaces! Love your blog, Paloma. Those paintings look like they must be Amanda Stone Talley's.

Anonymous said...

so see why you love her.. amazing eye! i love that brown rug in the first pic.. and that clockwork orange artwork!!

design elements said...

these images are all beautiful. i like a lot the clock artwork on the 1st image...

Heather@SatisfyingSpaces said...

I am a fan!

Anonymous said...

If I were a betting woman, I would wager that the paintings in the second photo were done by Richard Serra. If I remember correctly, Kate Spade has one of his paintings over the mantle in her living room.

Bumby Scott said...

WOW, so many wonderful textures. Thank you so very much for sharing. I really love the flooring choices.

H.G. The Countess said...

She is one of my favorite designers, I will have to check out her updated portfolio. The Soho apartment is my fave!

Averill said...

LOVE her! And glad to see new work from her as well. That blue dining room is PERFECT. So so me!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Love the artwork! Such graphic pieces to help elevate classically elegant interiors...great contrast! Thanks for sharing P!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Splenderosa said...

Love Christina's work...in this post that little bunk bed is taking my breath away...the use of the artwork, painting and lighting is HUGE!
xx's

W E L C O M E said...

I LOVE her use of wallpaper and patterns very well put.. My favorite has to be the bathroom floor it's art on its own.. Thank you, Paloma..

Clara

Design Indulgences said...

The breakfast nook with the herringbone floor is everything to me. I love it. The pillows look as if they're floating.

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Her interiors are so beautiful! i just love her use of color :)

Jessie said...

This designer definitely has a very refined and sophisticated taste. I love her classic designs as well as her use of bold graphic flooring. The geometric floor tiles in the bathroom is my favorite!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

manuel said...

i am almost positive that the art is richard serra.. my firm here in houston, ziegler cooper has some in the main lobby!

12 devonshire said...

I spoke too soon (re: Amanda Stone Talley). Based on some googling, I think the other commenters' suggestion of Richard Serra sounds more like it! Oops!

Unknown said...

Yes, Richard Serra! Thanks for your help, everyone.

ashley said...

Does anyone know who makes those bathroom floor tiles-they are amazing.

Wendy said...

love this post, everything is absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Muito Bom
http://faustodecor.webs.com/