photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Do Tell: Who would you invite to your fantasy dinner party?

peonies in trad we trust

Just the other day, a friend and I were discussing who we would invite to our fantasy dinner parties if we could choose anyone in the world. It’s pretty fun to imagine and I think hearing a person’s invitee choices gives wonderful insight into their personality.

I would choose to invite the following people to my Fantasy Dinner Party:

Gwyneth Paltrow – She is my ultimate style icon.

Brian Williams – He is my favorite news anchor. He is so insightful and he can be really funny. Plus, he’d have the scoop on what’s going on around the world.

Tina Fey- Brainy, hilarious…need I say more?

Jimmy Fallon - I think it would be fun to have him and Tina there. He is so funny and I love that he doesn’t resort to being mean or snarky in his humor. He is simply hilarious and maintains some child-like wonder.

Adam Levine of Maroon 5 - He is incredibly talented and he is super funny. Can you tell I like funny people?

Diane von Furstenberg - DVF is incredibly talented and is such a positive role model for women. I find her so inspiring.

Sarah Jessica Parker – I simply adore SJP and not just because of Sex and the City. She seems like the loveliest person. She is so sweet, intelligent and well-spoken. Plus, she is a major style icon!

Jeff Lewis from Flipping Out - What’s not to love about Jeff’s fantastically sarcastic sense of humor?

Andy Cohen from Bravo - Not only do I think Andy is a creative genius, I love the way he and Jeff play off of each other, so we’d need to have both of them there.

Nate Berkus- He is so sweet and talented. I would love to pick his brain about design.

Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa- This would have had to have been before her Make A Wish Foundation scandal. She has been a huge influence in the way that I cook, so naturally she would be one of my picks. She and Jeff Lewis could also debate about who had designed the best House Beautiful Kitchen of the Year

Anthony Bourdain – What’s the Barefoot Contessa without a subversive counterpart. I love Anthony Bourdain because he is insightful and has such a no-nonsense approach to food and life. He has seen so much and I’d bet he’d have some great stories.

 

Now that I’ve given you a glimpse into my psyche (I guess I love funny people and Bravo), I’d love for you to share who you would invite to your own Fantasy Dinner Party. Do tell- who would make your list?

23 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

My family that lives in Brazil. I miss them so much and I'm not with them for more than 2 years.

They're the most important people in my life...

Have a blessed day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

ellegray said...

Tim Gunn!

L said...

DVF (so inspiring), Rachel Zoe (would be so entertaining), The Pioneer Woman, Sarah Jessica Parker, Ashton Kutcher, Johnny Depp, Reese Witherspoon, Rachel Mcadams, Blake Lively, and Prince Harry.

Dre said...

Oh I second Tina Fey and Nate Berkus, and I RAISE you Will Ferrell and Ellen Degeneres!

Unknown said...

How could I forget Rachel Zoe and Tim Gunn? They would be fabulous! Great choices!

claudia b said...

President and Mrs. Obama, Tim Gunn, ITA on Tony Bourdain, Helen Mirren, Rachel Roy, Iman, and Philippa Gregory.

Catherine said...

President and Mrs. Obama; Steve Jobs; Malcolm Gladwell; Daniel Pink; Ellen Degeneres; Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (I suppose her husband can come too); Oprah; Colin Firth; Anne Hathaway; Keith Ferrazzi; and that girl who writes Hyperbole and a Half. The conversation would be incredible!

InStudio Blog said...

Johnny Depp & Heidi Klum for eye candy; Ronald Reagan & George Washington for politics; Gene Wilder & Mike Myers to keep things light; Catherine Deneuve & Carey Grant for some class; Kid Rock & Snoop D-O-double G for . . .less class?; and Charles Barkley to keep it all real.

Jennifer Hand said...

I would love to see Jeff Lewis and Jenni Poulos with some trashtastic reality stars that he is polar opposites with like Teresa Guidice from RHONJ or someone he could play headgames with like Kelly Bensimon from RHONY. I'd also like to invite some other guest who are totally self made style mavens like DVF and Kate Spade.

Santi said...

great post !

http://santiroyalhome.blogspot.com/

meenal @ maison marigold said...

My family and the Obamas would be a nice mix..love the first image..the striped tablecloth looks stunning with the exotic flower vase..i have shared images of my daughter's room on my blog today..would love you to check it out..xx meenal

Jessie said...

Besides my family and a few relatives, I would invite Ben Stiller, Bethanny Frankel, Anthony Bourdain, President Obama, John Cusack, Ben Stein and Whoopi Goldberg, Steve Jobs and Sarah Jessica Parker. It will be so much fun watching these people.

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Amanda said...

What a great question! Soo fun...I instantly thought Oprah and the Donald. But I'm really gonna think about this... Fabulous!

Unknown said...

Oooh I love this topic and your list!

Olivia Palermo. I would love to see what she'd wear and whether she's actually nice in real life.

Steve Carrell. Every party needs a funny guy and I'd beg him to go back to The Office.

Michael Phelps. Equal parts inspiration and eye candy.

Jeff Lewis & Zoila. Their witty banter kills me.

Rachel Zoe & Brad Goreski. Ditto.

Sarah Jessica Parker. I watched an interview with her and she was so thoughtful and articulate. She is not a classical beauty in my book but I find her to be the epitome of elegance.

I will be coming back to see everyone else's responses! Brilliant :)

Claudia Juestel said...

That is a great group! When people ask me that question I always think of a bunch of people who have been long dead, like Leonardo da Vinci, Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn and Carey Grant.

But alive and well today, I would be honored to have the following as dinner guests in my home:

John Saladino: great talent and wit, can tell a story with the original accents

Steve Martin: most intelligent humor

Tina Fey: she rocks!

Andy Cohen: says it how it is

Oprah: do I need to elaborate?

Banksy: it is a fantasy dinner, right?

Anthony Bourdan: food and fun - yum

Richard Branson: creativity, vison & chutzpah

Karl Lagerfeld: timeless vision

Hally Berry: talent and beauty inside and out

Queen Rania: beauty, intelligence, compassion

Cheers,

Claudia

CarolAnne - camdesign said...

Just John, Paul, George & Ringo, some dinner party that would be...oh and just for Paul my fav wife Linda, I so loved her too!

Kaity said...

Betty White-She's fun and happy & works hard
Thomas Kellor -To discuss cuisine and food trends
Sheila Hicks & Thos.Moser - art and form
Ray Romano- to keep a chuckle going
Tory Burch-that girl has style!
Elsa Peretti- inspires with her designs
Brians Wilson- for his talent and being real
Nora Jones- her music is cool and I'll bet there's stories
Bob Dole- He's a gentleman

Barbara@HausDesign said...

So many great ideas already! I love the idea of Leonardo da Vinci - he'd be a source of endless topics and I'd add Picasso. John Stewart and Angela Merkel (Germany's chancellor) would be great for some intellligent wit and different perspectives on worldwide politics. I'd also invite a few of my friends to keep it real!

travelkate said...

I would like to come to your dinner! I adore your list, I'm inviting myself to your dream dinner :)

Lauren @ The Semi-Designed Life said...

Alec Baldwin - Because I feel like he would make fun of everyone's intelligence without them knowing it

Tina Fey - Because I want to see if her relationship with Alec Baldwin is the same as it is on 30 Rock

Kelly Wearstler - No explanation needed

Fabio from Top Chef - Because I can't get enough of that accent

Jeff Lewis - Because I really want to work for him and would harrass him to hire me

Oscar de la Renta and @OscarPRGirl - Because we need a fashion icon and someone to tweet about our dinner

Nene Leakes - Because I want her to say "boop" the whole night

Arianna Belle said...

What a fun post! I'd invite: John Stewart, Jay-Z, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Griffin, Will Smith, Zoe Saldana, Jack Johnson, Oprah, Will Ferrell, and Jennifer Aniston

helen tilston said...

Wonderful topic. If I could have only one dinner party. List would be: Actor Dirk Bogart, Maggie Smith, Nana Mouskouri, Meryl Streep, Oscar Wilde, Luciano Pavarotti, Bill Clinton, Paulo Coehlo and my late parents and of course your good self Paloma

Denise said...

I have a pretty random taste in people...or maybe it's just curiousness:
Valentino Garavani
Woody Allen
Chris Rock
Penelope Cruz & Javier Bardem
Berlusconi(no Bumga Bunga though :D)
Ferran Adria
Snooki - LOL
Anna Wintour & ALT
Russel Brand (Katy Perry can come too)
Marilyn Manson with his ex Dita Von Teese
and the favourites:
Anthony Bourdain
Tim Gunn
Rachel Zoe + if she could come with Brad Goreski would make my day!