photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

On My Mind: Design Details

Paloma Contreras Desk {A Few Fabric and Trim Options  that I’m Considering for this Project}

I’m currently working on a very exciting project. It is a new construction home, so it is wonderful to be involved in all of the design decisions as well as many of the architectural decisions. My clients are a young, stylish couple, so we’re going for a modern spin on a traditional aesthetic which just so happens to be my signature style and part of why it has been such a joy to work on this project so far. We’re still working on the overall design for each room, but I thought I’d share a few of the details that I envision using in this project.

contrasting cabinets benjamin dhong {We are leaning towards contrasting cabinets in the kitchen. We will most likely end up doing painted white cabinets with a dark island for visual impact. We’ll also have some fabulous lighting, of course! | Image via Benjamin Dhong}

hood

{We are also planning for a beautiful stainless steel hood over the range. Isn’t his one chic? | Image via House Beautiful}

contrasting butlers pantry   {We would carry over the contrasting color of the island into the butler’s pantry. |  Image via Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles}

built-in bar

{The family room will have a fabulous built-in bar. I’m toying with the idea of painted doors vs. mirrored doors. I’m not sure which direction we’ll go in just yet. | Image via Pinterest, Original Source Unknown}

bar mirrored backsplash{Inside the bar, I’d love to do something visually impactful for the backsplash. Depending on what happens with the doors, I’m thinking we’ll go for a fun, patterned wallpaper or beautiful antiqued mirror as shown here. | Image via Pinterest, Original Source Unknown} 

library

{I have been doing a lot of tone on tone, saturated color in most of my projects recently and love the idea of carrying that into the study in this particular project. I love the lacquered nook for the sofa in this image from Veranda.}

pocket doors

{We will most likely do some pocket doors for the entrance to the study. | Image via Pinterest, Original Source Unknown}

foyer moment   {In the foyer, my client definitely wants to create a beautiful moment. She likes the idea of an oversized mirror, so I think doing some sort of inset mirrored paneling on the wall could be really stunning although this particular vignette is a little too traditional for the direction in which we are taking this project. | Image via Veranda}

stair runner markham roberts

{I’d love to do a gorgeous stair runner like this one by Markham Roberts}

Snip20131104_1

{For the kitchen backsplash and various full bathrooms, we’ll incorporate beautiful natural stone and will most likely incorporate an unexpected pattern or two somewhere.}

tile pritchett dixon

{This bathroom by Pritchett +  Dixon has some beautiful tile details as well as some great mirror inlays throughout the millwork.}

wallpaper arkansas

{We’ll most likely incorporate some fun wallpaper into one of the powder rooms. | Image via At Home in Arkansas}

slate

{While the majority of the house will have hardwood floors, we will be using large, black slate tile in the mudroom, back entrance of the house, and the powder room nearest the outdoor kitchen. | Image via Pinterest, Original Source Unknown}

black door      {Another beautiful design detail that I would love to incorporate into this home is painted black doors. I think they will work perfectly with the architecture of the home, especially since the windows will be black iron. | Image via Pinterest, Original Source Unknown}

lacquer ruthie sommers {I’d also love to do a lacquered wall treatment somewhere, perhaps the dining room. We’ll see if this one pans out! |  Image via Veranda}

Have you incorporated any of these same design details into your own home or design projects?

I hope to share some sneak peeks of this project with you as it comes together. If you’d like help with your own design project, please contact me here.

Signature-3

7 comments:

K said...

I hope you'll post the finished product! It looks like it will be gorgeous.

www.workthatbump.com

Katy | Kate Decorates said...

This house is going to be insanely gorgeous. Hope we get to see how it comes together!

Unknown said...

Wow what beautiful pictures and ideas...I so wish I could hire you :) I am bookmarking this one!

XO Melissa

Sale Rack!

Unknown said...

totally random fun fact but Veranda in my (Country) language means porch. :)

xo
Maggie A
LOVE MAVIN

Junell said...

Fun project. Just finished renovation & did contrasting island in asparagus green. All doors done in black. Hides all fingerprints & played down we did not update the doors original to the house. Love them!

Arpi Nalbandian said...

Love New Ravenna Mosaics. Any of their products would be a great choice for the backsplash.

Cindy Albert said...

Don't you love those black doors? So many wonderful ideas.