photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Dream-worthy Bathroom

bath mark williams

I’m currently in the midst of working on a few different bathroom designs for clients, so naturally, I have beautiful bath spaces on my mind. When I came across this gorgeous bathroom by Mark Williams Design on Pinterest, I stepped dead in my tracks. I love the creative use of three different marble tile patterns. While this could have easily looked a little too “busy”, it works beautifully in this bathroom. I also love this bathtub alcove. It is perfectly framed by the window and arched ceiling.

While I love and embrace color, I tend to use restraint with it when it comes to kitchens and master baths. These spaces should be classic and timeless, while one can have a little more fun in guest bathrooms and kids’ baths. So of course, I love that this bathroom is nearly all white—except for the pale turquoise cabinets which are a lovely addition.

Snip20131112_52 {I typically loathe all of the random niches and cut-outs that builders like to put all over new houses, but the niches on either side of the bathtub nook are done so well. I love that the sconces are mounted on top of mirrors. It adds an unexpected dose of glamour.}

Snip20131112_53 {A View of the Full Space}

bath mark williams4

{So  Details to Love: Mirror-Mounted Sconces and Loads of Beautiful Tile}

bath mark williams5

{The Pale Turquoise Cabinets}

bath mark williams6     {I love the large marble tiles used in the shower. I am planning to use them in an upcoming project!}

 

Signature-3

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Absolutely stunning! I think that bathroom is bigger than my master bedroom, but it certainly is a dream to have a bathroom nearly half that gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love a clean look in the bathroom and marble just always seems to do it perfectly. Such unique cabinets and so pretty. Thanks for sharing! The sconce lighting is superb.

Unknown said...

Stunning!!!

www.fabulous-30s.com

Pink Flamingo Style said...

This would be a dream come true if it were mine.

GORGEOUS

Rachel
www.pinkflamingostyle.com

Simply Modern Home said...

I just pinned every pic! Stunning!

Arianna Belle said...

Dream bathroom indeed!

char@marshallhousematters.com said...

Gorgeous. I just pulled together a design board on Polyvore for my dream spa bathroom and wish I'd seen these designs. So lovely.

ANDYSTYLE said...

is beautiful, love it :)

http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4602025

Lesleyc said...

I'm from the UK, so maybe it's a cultural thing, but I just absolutely cannot understand this passion in the US for subway tiles whether in kitchens or bathrooms. As I say perhaps it's cultural like the old song says, "you say tomatoes, we say tomatoes ....." Love your blog by the way and hope my comments don't cause an international incident!

Arpi Nalbandian said...

I think I died and went to heaven! Love the use of marble!