photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Look to Love: Beautiful Ball Skirts

{Ball Skirts at a bientot}

I have always loved ball skirts. They are chic, timeless, glamorous, and unabashedly feminine. What's not to love? I was so excited to see that my favorite Houston boutique, a bientot is currently carrying a collection of gorgeous ball skirts in a variety of fabrics including classic taffeta and some vibrant ethnic prints. The photo above illustrates how beautifully a ball skirt can work for either day or night. I recently opted for an a bientot ball skirt in timeless black taffeta and am so excited to wear it with a crisp white button down, sleek heels, and beautiful jewelry. If ever there were a good time of year to break out the ball skirts, it would definitely be around the holidays. Do you agree?

While I know I'd like to wear my ball skirt with a crisp button down, they look just as fabulous with a pretty blouse or a simple tee. Here are just a few examples of chic ways to wear a ball skirt. 

{Uliana Sergeenko at Valentino's White Fairy Tale Love Ball}

{This woman opted for a chic emerald ball skirt and some fabulous jewelry at S/S 2013 Paris Fashion Week | Image via Harper's BAZAAR}

{The Beautiful Herrera Sisters, Patricia and Carolina, Jr. Photographed in Manhattan for Harper's BAZAAR}

{Christian Siriano recently showed some vibrant tulle ball skirts during NYFW.}

{A Gorgeous Saffron Yellow Ball Skirt by Oscar de la Renta}

{A Green Oscar de la Renta Ball Skirt | Image via Martha Stewart Weddings}

{The Most Classic Way to Wear a Ball Skirt by Carolina Herrera, of Course!}

Are you loving this look as well? How would you wear a ball skirt? Where would you wear it?

12 comments:

Heidi said...

My dream goal is to wear a full skirt to a very fancy part. However, I have yet to be invited to such a fancy party at this point in the winter months that warrants such a full skirt! But I keep hoping.

http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love those skirts!! Just fabulous!

www.fabulous-30s.com

Raiana Schwenker said...

crazy timing!! i actually wore a ball skirt over the weekend, and loved it so much I will definitely be doing it again for the Christmas season

Karena said...

Paloma, this is such a classic look for special occasions! I adore the rich jewel tones!

xoxo,
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Anonymous said...

I actually have a taffeta jewel- tones, vertical striped ball skirt from years ago which I've been meaning to take to the resale shop. Maybe now is the time! I wore a black scoop-neck cashmere sweater with it to a holiday party.

Terri of decordose.com said...

gorgeous! luv them all - thank you for reminding me about this versatile wardrobe staple!

Faceitcatalog said...

You are spot on, Paloma. I am so obsessed with full ball gown type skirts. I wish I could fill my closet with lots of TIBI! Love these pictures.

Amber
FACE IT Catalog

Capella said...

I want a ball skirt in Fortuny. Maybe that could be my new Designer's "uniform".

Unknown said...

I am absolutely LOVING voluminous skirts right now :)

xo
Maggie A
LOVE MAVIN

Arianna Belle said...

Definitely love the look. If I had somewhere to wear it I would totally rock a ball skirt. So chic.

giogirl1 said...

I would wear it to any evening function. Love the look. Very simple but sophisticated

giogirl1 said...

I would wear it to any evening function. Love the look very simple but sophisticated