photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Style Showdown: Upholstered Headboards

image
image
Upholstered headboards have been around forever, but they’ve increasingly grown in popularity over the past several years. They come just about any shape you can imagine and are literally the perfect canvas for experimenting with color, pattern, and texture. We got the Pondicherry Headboard with Nailheads from Serena and Lily last year and we absolutely love that it’s a statement-making piece. Because there are so many fun ways to express your design style through upholstered headboards, I’d love to know which approach is most in keeping with your personal style.

image
Pinned Image
{This bedroom by Martensen Jones interiors features a classic upholstered headboard with a clean, simple shape and luxe details like linen upholstery and nailhead trim. This look is ultra-versatile, lending itself to any type of bedding or environment.}
image
Pinned Image
{Linsdsay, of The Pursuit of Style selected a custom-made headboard with graceful, feminine lines and Quadrille’s fabulous Kazak fabric in the orange and pink colorway for the upholstery. The look is super feminine and glamorous.}
image
Jul/Aug 2011
{This headboard is upholstered in leather and features button tufting and nailhead trim. It’s rich in details and the leather adds texture to this bedroom designed by Jarlath Mellett.}
image
Pinned Image
{This bedroom, featured in ELLE DÉCOR brings the drama, in great part because of the headboard. It is made in a custom, large scale, glamorous silhouette and upholstered in sumptuous Bordeaux-colored velvet. It’s perfect in this eclectic room!}
So, which headboard is your favorite? Which is most representative of your own style?

10 comments:

carolyn bradford said...

I personally would choose the first one…classic and neutral for my own bedroom but I also like the playful one with the print for a fun girls room or guest room! I'm actually looking into having one made so this was very helpful! Thanks for sharing it!

Kelli said...

I'm actually shopping for an upholstered headboard.. gosh i really would love to go with the print, but my hubby would most likely go for the neutral.. but then i'll just jazz it up with some pillows :o)

Anonymous said...

Pls stop by to check out your custom options at headybed.com!

Kristen said...

I switch out my bedding so often that I need something classic and neutral. I do love the drama in the last one though!

Tiffany Leigh said...

I personally would pick the neutral for practicality reasons (although I don't think I'd go for a plain rectangle shape, probably something more rounded) but my fave image here is number 2! Bold design is inspiring.

Dawna Jones Design said...

Definitely the Chic Texture! The color of that leather has me swooning. And oh ya I will take the not one not two but 333333333!!! Louis Vuitton suitcases Palleeessseee!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

#1 is definitely most reflective of my style as we have the Colette upholstered bed from Crate & Barrel but I'm loving the leather one.... so chic and different! I would definitely be tempted to put this in my guest bedroom.

Deana said...

I love the simplicity of the first headboard against the pattern of the wallpaper. I love everything about that bedroom.

www.tesoribelle.com

Breanne @Porter Design Company said...

I love headboards on beds! I think my favorites have to be the fun printed ikat headboard and the last dramatic black headboard. I like that they each bring life to the rooms and are a fun statement piece that pull the room together! Inspiring post :)

Unknown said...

Certainly very nice post, i personally feel that the headboards has a very strong effect grabbing the attention of the viewers, the major drama style looks very pleasant and i would go for this.