photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, August 13, 2012

Style Showdown: The Chambray Shirt

image

image

It’s always interesting to see how various people can wear the same, classic staple in such different ways. Essentially, this is the difference between fashion and personal style. One’s aesthetic and the way in which one styles an outfit, or a room for that matter, is exactly what makes a look distinctively ours. Whether we are creating a look from scratch or emulating an inspiring look from a magazine, some ensembles just speak to us more than others. Today, we’ll take a look at the classic chambray button down shirt which has been a favorite for decades. I’ve pulled together four distinctive, stylish looks, all styled  differently and would love for you to share which one you gravitate to the most. Which one feels most like your own style?

image

Pinned Image

{Olivia Palermo keeps her look minimal and chic opting for dark rinse denim skinnies, nude ballet flats, tortoise shell sunglasses, and a few pieces of gold jewelry.}

image

Pinned Image

{This girl takes a flirty approach belting her Ralph Lauren chambray shirt and pairing it with a white skirt, red sandals, and yellow envelope clutch.}

image

Pinned Image

{The blogger behind In the City with Crystalin takes a modern, polished, slightly edgy approach. She opts to wear her chambray button-down open, with a white tank underneath, pairing it with black skinnies, and nude and black spectator pumps. In addition, she wears big, black sunglasses, a black handbag, black necklace, and an assortment of bracelets.}

image

Pinned Image

{This woman takes a very classic approach to her look, pairing a chambray shirt with a timeless navy blazer, cropped white jeans, and strappy brown leather wedges. She also carries a woven brown handbag and wears classic aviator sunglasses and an oversized watch.}

So, who do you think wears the chambray shirt best? Which look is your favorite?

{Image Sources: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4}

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this. I have been looking for one as a staple in my closet. Olivia Palermo could look good covered in mud.
Nancy
powellbrowerhome.com

Unknown said...

I really liked this post, and I love your blog.
thanks
designbychana.blogspot.com

Lili said...

i LOVE that chambray can be worn in so many ways today! creating your own twist to it will never go out of style!

Marcus Design said...

I'm always drawn to the effortless chic way OP wears everything! Love this post.

Nancy xo

Carolyn said...

I can't decide! I really love them all for different reasons, but I would say my own personal style is the most like Olivia's - simple, easy to put together, and not particularly risky. I definitely need to try the more "open and polished" look soon for work!

Diana Pereira said...

cute!!

http://www.thefashionadroit.com

Chelsea **A Bit of Sass** said...

All of these looks are great but for me Olivia is the clear winner. But, it's almost not fair to match her style up to anyone else's ;)
xo, Chelsea
www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

Meagan said...

A friend pointed me to your blog because the second photo is of me :) Love it! The final photo of the blue blazer is an inspiration image I always pull up. The perfect mix of casual & pulled together.
Thanks for featuring me!

Meaga said...

A friend pointed me to this post, because the second photo is me! Thanks for featuring me :) The last look w/the blazer is my favorite! The perfect blend of polished & casual.