photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

NYIGF Favorites: Round One

P1090013

As I mentioned last week, I am very glad that I had the opportunity to experience the New York International Gift Fair.  While I felt that a lot of what was on display has been around for a while and there were a lot of common themes, there were certain booths that were both refreshing and inspiring. If I’d had a reseller’s tax ID, I think I could have done some serious damage at the show. I will be sharing my favorites over the course of a few posts—there is A LOT to see! Today, I am sharing my first round of favorite finds.

P1090012

{The Oomph booth was one of my favorites. I love their chic and cheerful line and the booth itself was delightful. The space was well-merchandised and everyone there was so friendly.}

P1090015

{I love Oomph’s new mirrors and lanterns. The console table and skirted ottoman are pretty fabulous as well!}

P1090017

{Oomph’s Signature Tables in Fun Shapes and Colors}

P1090001

{Bungalow5 had some great pieces as well. The color blue played heavily into their inspiration for fall. This high-gloss blue chest makes a pretty strong statement.}

P1090004

{I loved these Pagoda lanterns.}

P1090006

{Lots of Bamboo-Inspired Pieces at Bungalow5—I love the desk!}

P1090034

{Designer, Kathryn McCoy’s background in fashion inspired her to use gemstones and minerals in her gorgeous line of accessories. Naturally, I was most drawn to her lamps.}

P1090032

{These lamps were the perfect size and they look fantastic with oversized shades. Which one would you opt for?}

P1090053

{I really enjoyed the Madegoods booth. Everyone was super friendly and they had so many fabulous, statement-making pieces featuring innovative materials. I love the Hollywood Regency vibe of the vignette. It feels very Kelly Wearstler, doesn’t it?}

P1090048

{Madegoods had a lot of items that used cool materials such as these little table made from petrified wood encased in Lucite. They also had glazed zinc which gives a more polished touch to industrial-inspired pieces.}P1090060

{Design Legacy has a huge booth filled with covetable pieces, including this fabulous Lucite chair. Notice how thick the side panels are. It’s insane! I also love the peacock blue hue on the walls along with the pair of abstract paintings.}

P1090062

{I like this new take on the Saarinen Tulip Table as well as the chrome chair with Greek Key detail.}

P1090064

{A Stunning Secretary at Design Legacy}

P1090065

{A Beautiful Abstract Painting Encased in Lucite at Design Legacy}

P1090059

{Blue and Chinoiserie-inspired designs were a huge trend at the show as demonstrated by this pillow display at Design Legacy. In my mind, these items are classics, but they are definitely having a resurgence in popularity.}

P1090083

{Mr. Brown is Julian Chichester’s sister company with a bit of a younger, cooler slant. They had some cool lighting options, like these globe pendants as well as many quatrefoil details.}

P1090084

{I love this oversized quatrefoil mirror.}

P1090077

{Marble and Gilded Iron Quatrefoil Nesting Tables—Love them!}

P1090097

{Bliss Studio also had their own version of a quatrefoil mirror as well as this amazing nailhead-studded dresser.}

Which booth or item from this NYIGF round-up speaks to you the most? Did you spot a piece you’d love for your own home?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love. love. love the high gloss navy chest! I having a plain brown desk that I plan to refinish in the same manner. I loved several of the other items you highlighted as well (like the fantastic Quatrefoil Nesting Tables!). Enjoy your time at the Gift Fair and I look forward to more photos of your next picks!

Davon @TheBubbleista
www.TheBubbleista.com

srldesign said...

Wow, how lucky you got to experience this. Gorgeous stuff, I loved the quartz lamps. Beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of the Fair! :)

Kristen said...

Those crystal lamps are everything, I'd take any one of them! LOVE LOVE LOVE that high gloss blue dresser as well.

Karena said...

Paloma, like you I would be coming home with many pieces I love! Like about a dozen from these Vendors! Wow!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Jamie Herzlinger said...

I am sad that I wasn't able to make it out to NY for this. Thanks for posting pictures, looks like I missed a lot!

Love, Jamie Herzlinger

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Such pretty things! Those lamps with the geode details are to die for. Can't wait for you to show us more! :)

Deana said...

I love everything! Looks like it was a great fair!

carolyn bradford said...

You must have been on the High Design floor! This is always my favorite as it is so much fun….the furniture and lighting and pillows are fabulous…we carry all of these lines except for Mr. Brown and I'm not sure why! I'ts great! But the first night of market is always my have with the cocktail party, etc….as you get to view all of these fabulous lines! So glad you had a great time and that you shared all of this wonderful design on your post!

Dawna Jones Design said...

Wow so many amazing things,I would die walking into all those booths and seeing all that eye candy!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Unknown said...

You showed so many of my favorite booths!!! Thanks for sharing!

www.donnaviningblog.com

Unknown said...

Firstly, thank you for sharing these beautiful things. I am a Portuguese blogger who loved the post, very inspiring, I loved all the details especially with clover leaf.