photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, August 17, 2012

Fabulous Room Friday 08.17.12

Pinned Image

This week’s fabulous room is a classic, glamorous respite designed by Michael S Smith. This bathroom seems to beckon for a tired soul to come and relax, but could certainly be a stylish place to get energized for the day as well.The space is a combination bathroom and dressing room, which I don’t mind at all. I think the little table next to the bath really helps to anchor the room and sort of divide the bath section from the built-in closet, which by the way, is spectacular. I love the French doors and the antiqued mirror transom detail above the doors. The repetition of the doors and mirrors really enlarges the space. The room is punctuated by an alabaster pendant light and warm accents from the brass hardware to the coral marble (which truth be told, I don’t really love). I really like the fretwork/Greek key border on the rugs. What is your favorite element of this room?

So far, I’ve had a whirlwind couple of days in New York shooting a video in the Hamptons and spending some time in the city. I’ll be here until Tuesday and have lots of fun things planned including going to the New York International Gift Fair and dinners and events with new friends and old friends alike. I’ll be sure to share a fun recap once I am back home in Houston. Have a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

Squeak said...

I love the French doors, the bathtub and the coral marble. Mmmmm, perfection!

The Golden Girls said...

o0o0 that bath tub is beyond inviting! Hugs from California! xx,
The Golden Girls

Anonymous said...

I love the French doors, especially how there are loads of them. I wonder where they go? They seem to extend out in a rectangle so I would be interested to see how they fit with the rest of the house and how this room is viewed from the outside.

Deana said...

Fabulous! The bathroom here is truly a real room and not a forgotten part of the house.

Isa said...

I like classic room,they look like a old human who has a story!