photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

La Dolce Vita’s Holiday Wish List

This year has been a wonderful one for me. I have received so many blessings, all of which I thank my lucky stars for each day. This holiday season, I would love nothing more than to have the love and health of my friends and family. Having said that, I’ve had a few people ask me what I’d like this year, so I put together a little list of items I would love to give or receive. I think they're great ideas for any last minute shoppers, too! Most of these items are high on style, while being budget-friendly. I am positive they would be very well received by anyone who lives “La Dolce Vita”.
Calendars:
I’ve had my eye on this gorgeous, cheery desk calendar for a while. I love the graphic prints and each card can be flipped over and framed at the end of the year!
Details
I’m old school. I physically write down appointments in a planner with a pen. My husband thinks it ridiculous that I don’t put my appointments in my iPhone, but I prefer a pen and paper. Each year, I get one of these National Gallery Leather Bound Planners. Barnes and Noble, $13.45
Gift Cards:
If you’re short on time or ideas, an Anthropologie gift card is always fabulous.
(Nordstrom, Barnes & Noble, and J.Crew are great, too!)
Books:

The new style book by Eric Daman, Costume Designer for Gossip Girl is sure to be filled to the brim with eye candy. $20 on Amazon.com

The Sartorialist by Scott Schuman, $14.62 on Amazon.com
102109-hue-400
Hue by Kelly Wearstler, $32.97 on Amazon.com
penguin classics2
Penguin Classics Collection
Now available at Anthropologie and Amazon
I have these books and treasure them. They are my own little art collection and anyone would be thrilled to receive them!

Vanity Fair’s Proust Questionnaire book would make for a fascinating and entertaining read. As you can probably tell by the series that I have published on La Dolce Vita, I love a good questionnaire!
Amazon.com, $16.31
For the Home:
 Twinkle Living 16" Cotton Pillow - Brown/White Zig-Zag
Add a little style to any room with a Twinkle Living Chevron Pillow from Revival Home and Garden, $25
Who wouldn’t like these lovelies?
Harem Tea Glasses from Cerulean, $40

Personalized Gifts:
Trays.jpg
Personalized Melamine Tray, Fontaine Maury $45
Iomoi Desk Notepad with Lucite Holder, $35

One-Year E-Stationery Subscription on iomoi.com, $20
 Paloma Contreras' Personal Stationery
Bespoke Letterpress Stationery from ABCD Designs makes for an incredible and personal gift. I was lucky enough to win a set of 100 gorgeous cards that Amy Dragoo custom-designed for me.

Jewelry, Perfume, and Clothing:
Brass and Colored-Bamboo Bangles, $8 from ShopCerulean.com

I’ve been lusting after Stella and Dot’s Lulu Vintage Glass Necklace for months now. $198
Stella
A bottle of my signature scent, Stella by Stella McCartney is always a welcomed gift. $70, Sephora

The aptly named, La Dolce Vita top from Francesca’s Collection, $34 would work in anyone’s wardrobe!


A Fabulous Staple: The Abbey Falls Wrap from Francesca’s Collection, $34

First Image Credit: Chris Everard via A Gift Wrapped Life

22 comments:

kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

LOVE the calendar and pillows! great prices, too...

kelly

Kirsten Krason said...

Wow such great ideas. I love that calender.

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

From Twitter to here...Just bought the pink calendar! Thank you. Great gift list! Lynn

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Maybe Santa will see your list! Love all the paper goods!

Molly said...

LOVE everything!

Do you have a link for that Penguin Classics Collection? I would love to get my hands on it.

Averill said...

I'm also dying for one of Dabney Lee's calendars (and I love that it can be monogrammed). I hadn't seen that melamine tray before but it's so fun -- great picks!

Unknown said...

Molly, here is a post I did about purchasing the books.
http://paloma81.blogspot.com/2009/03/literary-love-theyre-here.html

I had to order mine from Canada, but I know Anthropologie.com has them now and Amazon.com carries them as well, so you can search there. Good luck! You will love them!

Anonymous said...

I love the Penguin classics books - these are definitely on my list as well! Also love the tray, I've been really into trays lately, not sure why. lol

Hope you get everything your heart desires this holiday! xo SogniSorrisi

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Great wish list Paloma! I could easily just copy yours and send to Santa! :)

Iva Messy said...

what a great list! I love it all! Especially the Penguin Classics Collection! So fabulous! ;)

LindsB said...

What an awesome list!! I LOVE those letterpress cards you won, what a great present to win! I need to go check more of them out now, I might need some of my own :)

LifestyleBohemia said...

Everything is so beautiful, it's hard to even pick. Love the chevron print pillow and the desktop calendar.
xx

DecRenew Interiors said...

I have used the calendar for 5 years now. Each year I get a new color. This year it's red. I'm a pen and paper girl too. I like to see it in writing and it helps me remember what my week looks like. It's the artist in me needing to see a visual.

Great fun, thanks for the list!

Ruthie

Traci Zeller Designs said...

I love your gift guide! They are all super fabulous ... and I am so envious of your fantastic calling cards!

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

A most excellent wish list. I got a few the classic from Penguin Classics Collection for my goddaughters. Oh and your blod is very styish. I'll be sure to call from time to time.
You take care.

Alkemie said...

TOTALLY Love your picks!!!

ABC Dragoo said...

WOW!! what a pleasure to be named in this post.

Paloma,
Thank you so much for listing ABCD Designs Bespoke as one of your picks. Lucky you, you've got a set of your own already! ; )

Regardless, I truly appreciate you recommending personal stationery to your readers.

Warmest regards,
ABC Dragoo
ABCD Designs Bespoke Stationery, inc.

cassandra said...

oh, my dear... this list is FANTASTIC! and i think i just found myself a new desktop calendar! i too write down all my appointments and have already found my day planner for the year... will be sharing that shortly! so many goodies here, i think i might have to do some shopping!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Great picks- I love all the personalized items too. Fab La Dolce Vita top and great price :)

The Depressed Yogi said...

Oh my gosh, WHERE can I get that adore pink/leopard print desk note pad??????

Unknown said...

Carolyn, it's from iomoi.com

Juanita (Texas) said...

Got the last La Dolce Vita top for $19, thanks for the great tip!!!! Cheers from The Woodlands, Texas.