photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, December 11, 2009

Fabulous Room Friday 12.11.09

553170133_t4dvm-xl
This week’s fabulous room took my breath away the first time I saw it. This gorgeous kitchen / dining room combination was designed by Heather Garrett, who also happens to live in the gorgeous loft space. The soft, glowing light coupled with the white and grey palette makes it feel serene and warm. I love the eclectic mix of accessories she chose for the space from the industrial stools, to the capiz chandeliers, right down to the antlers above the stove. I think it’s the perfect winter space, but I’d take it any time of the year!
553170227_jpcfo-xl

heather garrett2
Technically, the living room isn’t part of the kitchen/dining area, but it is too gorgeous to be left out. Seriously, looking at the pictures of this home makes me giddy!

18 comments:

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Looove it!! All that room needs is a big glass of red wine and me!

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Swooooooon! Love that kitchen with the white subway tile, white ledge shelving and gorgeous wallpaper. Great find!

Lynett said...

Ah, absolutely gorgeous! I wonder if she needs a roommate?

Jennifer said...

very pretty, love the bar stools!

Anonymous said...

What a knockout space! Perfect light fixtures - these rooms just glow...

Laura said...

Simply stunning and I swear I would never leave my house with these rooms. The environment is so classic and welcoming. Great post sweetie! Come stop by for a slice of San Francisco...

alison giese Interiors said...

Crazy gorgeous - a very livable formality. And those industrial stools are the perfect foil to all the elegance. C'est magnifique!

Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

Very nice! Its a great space. Love the zebra ottoman.

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

Love the room,especially the kitchen is that a wall paper? or fabric with embroidery i so want it!
Love your blog
Deepali Kalia
www.fillinspaces.blogspot.com

Carolyn said...

So cozy. I like that there's just a 'stripe' of the wallpaper. And I love all the lighting and that it's all open. Really quite nice.

Linda in AZ * said...

* Oooooh, what sheeeer joy to see and experience.... sooooo stunning, in the most simple, understated, classic & calming of ways...

I feel soooo "calm, safe and secure" just looking at it all~~~ no clutter, no jarring colors, just "PEACE ON EARTH!".

THANK YOU!

Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net
MANY THANKS,
Linda in AZ *

Francine Gardner said...

Such a beautiful warm open space...love it

Anonymous said...

WOW. Beautiful. I love the warmth and all the lighting fixtures. Great find!

Verdigris Vie said...

How fun is this space? I love the open shelving below the cabinetry.. very functional, and so pretty with the wall paper backing.

And don't even get me started on the dramatic lighting.. Definitely Fabulous Friday Paloma..:-)

Porchlight Interiors said...

Stunning...I'm feeling inspired! Tracey xx

Southern Aspirations said...

This is gorgeous! I really love how she incorporated that backdrop of wallpaper (or whatever the appropriate name is). Great space!!!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

i really like that restrained use of wallpaper in the kitchen!!

LindsB said...

That kitchen is like a little get-away inside the apartment, love the wallpaper!