photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

10 Things I Can’t Live Without: Urban Grace

 

When I discovered Erika’s blog, Urban Grace a couple of years ago, I couldn’t get enough. I immediately loved her taste and was so impressed by her talent. The homes she designs are classic and gorgeous. And as far as kitchen and bathroom design goes, it’s as if she crawled into my head and designed my dream rooms! Her talent and calculating eye for design are one thing, but Erika’s personality emanates through her blog making it and her even more likable. She is sweet, warm, and self-deprecating: qualities which make her so charming. During the past few months, she has been busy with her precious new baby girl, Sloane, which makes me relish her posts even more.

cf photos 059[1]

1. Family.  I couldn't live without them.  My twin sister, my extended family, immediate family, in-laws... I love them all.  Each and every one.  Pictured above is my daughter Sloane, who is now 13 weeks old!  Time flies. 

canon450D[1]

2. My camera.  A Canon 450D Rebel XSi.  I blogged about it here my sister has the same one..  she blogged about it here

(A Note From Paloma: I recently received a DSLR camera from my husband for my birthday and Erika and her sister are the very reason I decided to go with the Canon Rebel XSi. Their photos are so gorgeous and inspiring!)

sharpie pen[1]

3. Sharpie Pens.  I'm admittedly a pen snob, but with the economy in the condition it is in (and the fact that I lost my last fancy pen) I've found nothing is better than a good Sharpie Pen.

3359119569_895503699d_o[1]

4. Dansko Clogs.  I have them in almost every color.  Gray suede (now discontinued) being my favorite.  This olive green oiled pair are on my radar, would like to add them to my collection.

eightoclockcoffee[1]

5. Eight O'Clock Coffee.  I am currently enjoying the 1/2 Caffeine version.

fresh[1]

6. Fresh Cosmetics.  Specifically Hesperides (Grapefruit) Eau de Toilet & High Noon Fresh Face Glow.

leather and herringbone seagrass[1]

7. Seagrass Rugs (especially in herringbone pattern) with Leather Bindings (especially a textured leather).

linnea calendar[1]

8. Linnea Designs Calendars. My accountant gave me my first calendar for Christmas 5 years ago and I am addicted.  I look forward to seeing the new art that each month brings to my kitchen! 

llbean tote[1]

9. LLBean Tote Bags.  For work, for weekends, for storage, for beach, for organization, for any and everything. 

Products_57037-10550[1]

10. Orange Glo 4-in-1 Hardwood Floor Cleaner.  Odd, I know.  But if you have real wood floors and haven't tried this stuff you are missing out.  Thirsty, dry floors will thank you.  It's like a facial for your floors... and they will 'glo' with beauty after you use this product.

17 comments:

Connie at Sogni e Sorrisi said...

What an adorable baby! Thanks so much for sharing.

erika @ urban grace said...

thank you paloma! you are so kind you made me blush. i am flattered by your kindness and humbled to be a part of your series! many thanks!!
xo
erika

Lindsey Michelle said...

I love, love, love Erika's styling and blog. This was a great read. I'm loving this series Paloma! Keep 'em coming!

{ Lindsey }
http://greatfullday.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo of the baby. Very sweet.

I, too, am a huge lover of Sharpies and LLBean totes. :)

Averill said...

Erika's blog was one of the first I started reading and I too was completely charmed by her (and then her sister!). Great post!

Verdigris Vie said...

Always great to meet a new blogger.. I will have to start following her posts..

Orange glo - I love that !!

Vitania

mrchrishill said...

Great list - that baby is adorable! So sweetly sleeping and should be highlighted so much more... much less that the baby's mommy is so talented! And I was told you can't have it all. I guess they lied to me.

Melissa Stover said...

love her blog. i'll have to get some of that wood floor cleaner.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

okay, that sweet little pea in the pod is too cute!

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

LOVE, love, LOVE Erik and Urban Grace! Thanks!

Darby said...

Paloma... This is so fun! Love all of Erika's things and could have possibly picked them out myself for her--- except the Orange Glo--- didn't know about her affection for that one! :)

froulala.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for the 411 on Erika and Urban Grace Interiors! I look forward to perusing her blog at leisure.

bluehydrangea said...

That baby Sloane is too cute!! and I love this series!!

Francine Gardner said...

Your baby girl is so beautiful and precious......
I too love Fresh...i could not end up my days without a soak without my Fresh Lychee bath.

Mademoiselle Deva said...

The calendar looks really great!!! And your baby girl is so cute!!! How old is she right now... sorry I've just started to follow your blog and I don't know! She's truly beautiful!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Such a fun post. Good to know about the wood floor cleaner. I, too, love my dansko clogs. I live in them in the winter!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Erika and I have been friends for almost ten years. She is so great and I love her style.