photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

10 Things I Can’t Live Without: Pure Style Home


Today, the wonderful and super-talented, Lauren of Pure Style Home shares her “10 Things” list with us. I am so happy that she was able to find the time to put this list together for us. Not only is she a busy interior designer, she is also a wife and mom to a toddler and a baby who will be here any minute! Lauren’s list is sweet and warm, just like she is.

1. My business: I just love having the creative outlet of my own interior design business. It's so satisfying to help people become happy with & take pride in their homes.

2. My Friends--> There's not much better to me than a night with friends that ends in a dance party. (and they usually do) Singing into pretend microphones & using the sofa for a stage are a must! (2 of my best friends with me on right, below)
3. A yard: I love being outside and I love having a big private back yard. We just recently moved and I think playing in the backyard with my family is the best thing about our new house.
4. The Seasons: I get excited about each & every season change. I love all of the news smells in the air and I'm crazy about re-accessorizing my home seasonally. (Below, we painted our front door orange this past Halloween.)

5. Good food: I love eating &/or making a great meal. I just get so excited when a good one's coming!!
 
6. Magazines & Blogs: I just can't get enough of photos & articles & musings on pretty spaces!!! Every day there's something new to look at & being relatively new to blog world, I'm just so amazed at how many talented, kind & generous people there are out there!! I've met a slew of great friends & it's a place I really feel comfortable being a "design junky"- I hate the thought of boring my friends & family with design mumbo jumbo- and it's been so awesome to connect with people like me!

7. My house: I love coming home. It's our haven & I thank God for it every day. It was a tough run for us to get here & we treasure it. Sometimes my husband & I still just stop what we're doing & look at each other & say "I can't believe it's ours." We work on our house all the time & love making it special.

8. Greenery: I love to have something alive in almost every room of the house if possible and nothing's prettier to me than a simple arrangement: Ferns, topiaries or even weeds from my yard will do. ( I HAD to use this picture of them in my set of lab beakers because I overuse them in photos to the point of ridiculousness!! :)

9. Feelings of" Excitement/ Adventure/ Hope- I love feeling like there are good things to come. At home, my family & I try really hard to enjoy every day & take pleasure in the small things, but I also love feeling the anticipation of something new & exciting coming our way... that we have our whole lives ahead of us & we're going to get to do so much. Experiencing everything again- from holidays to the beach to the snow to pony rides- with our son is just so much fun! I love getting excited (and often am, hence the use of way too many exclamation posts in my writing ;) and it can be about something big or small... but it always makes me happy.
10. My family: They're my life. I couldn't do any of it without them. (with one more on the way any day now...)

Thanks so much to Paloma for inviting me to be a part of this!!! It was so much fun & really eye-opening my priorities & passions. Happy holidays!!

21 comments:

La Maison Fou said...

lOVE THIS LIST!
Great things to love as well.
HH;
Leslie

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Great fun reading Lauren's list! I adore her style...
Janell

Kirsten Krason said...

thanks for that. some great things!

Karena said...

I can really relate to this top ten list.Home, family, friends, excitement and looking forward to fun thing keeps us so grounded.

Jen Beaudet said...

I would have a very similar list! Your home is beautiful! Jennifer:)

Gwen Driscoll said...

This is a great list. Lauren is so cute and I love knowing what makes people happy in life. My list would be very similar. Hope all is well.

Gwen Driscoll
Ragland Hill Social

Jami - XOimagine said...

Thanks for introducing me to Pure Style Home! I love it! Her home is so nice!

micah said...

I love Lauren's blog! She has a beautiful home!

LindsB said...

I love Lauren, her list is so great and so her!!

Such a great series!!

Gaia said...

I love your list! very sweet!
I can't live without my family, friends, love, photos, caks and chocolate, vanilla cup cake, shoes, my camera, my vespa and manymany other things!

merry Christmas!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

What a wonderful list - Lauren really is very sweet and talented!

vignette design said...

What a list! I think we can all agree about that. Family, friends, home, a creative outlet - indoors and out, good food, and blogging! I never miss Lauren's blog! --Delores

S.UWAGBA said...

love some of these interiors,
thanks for always posting such nice pics
and dont forget tocheck out my fab new blog =)
fantaschic.blogspot.com

Maria Killam said...

What a great interview, Lauren is a treasure!!

Linda in AZ * said...

* "i love Lauren"... Yep, she's simply my "1st choice" to fill in for "the daughter we never had"!!! ~~~ Always upbeat, fun, full of life & ready to go, go, go, taking advantage of all life's delightful offerings!!!

I don't think there's anything the TWO od them can't accomplish~~ together as a loving team!

So glad you highlighted the blogging world's TREASURE!!

Warmest,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Melissa said...

I love Lauren's outlook-- you can see what a generous and positive person she is-- her interiors are so cheerful and so is she!

nelya said...

A wonderful list from a beautiful lady, inside and out! Her attitude and excitement are poistively contagious! Thanks for sharing your lovely home and always inspiring outlook, Lauren!!!!! (had to borrow a few of those exclamation marks!)

xx-nelya

ashlina {the decorista} said...

such a great list. she is so blessed and gets to share her blessings during the greatest time.....the holidays
:)

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Absolutely love Lauren's home and design, especially the front door and her gorgeous entryway. Her son is pretty darn adorable, too!

Cheers,
Alaina

Gena said...

Great list - gives insight into the lady in question aka Lauren!!!

My Galveston Cottage said...

The best list!! cheers -susan