photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Style Profile: Carrier and Company

{West Village Apartment}

The ever-stylish husband and wife team of Jesse Carrier and Mara Miller of Carrier and Company truly run the gamut when it comes to interior design. While their work ranges in styles from traditional, to country, to modern eclectic, all of their interiors are undeniably chic and have a sense of effortless style, which is the best kind, wouldn't you say? Their interiors are at once sophisticated and accessible. Though an element of elegance is always present in the work of Carrier and Company, their interiors never feel stuffy or inaccessible.

It is rumored that this apartment in Manhattan's West Village was going to be published in Domino, but as we all know the magazine folded earlier this year.
I just love those chairs. The wardrobe reminds me of the ones my grandmother had in her home.

Normally, busy wall coverings and using the same pattern all over makes me cringe, but I love how modern they have made this look through the use of a contrasting headboard with nailhead trim and eclectic accessories such as the cool vintage nightstand.

I love how the tall, skinny bookcases and gorgeous gilded light fixtures draw the eye up in this room.


A cool, vintage metal cabinet is used as an entertainment center.

This room looks rather serene and inviting. I would have never thought to do tone on tone wood, but it really works here.

I adore this office! It makes me want to dive into my work and then take a nice break with a good book on the sofa.

How perfect is this color palette?


Same room, different view. I love that traditional elements such as seagrass and slipcovers are given a modern edge in this room.

There is a lot of beige here, but this room is anything but bland. The console is really lovely.

Bentwood Chairs Meet Clean Lines

I love this rustic coffee table.

A neutral palette and ikat draperies make this serene bedroom rather inviting.

Anna Wintour hired Carrier and Company to design Vogue's lobby. That is all.

The Masculine Office of an Editor at Men's Vogue

Great Color Palette

I spy another gilded lighting fixture. So beautiful!

A perfect place to share a cup of coffee with friends

Carrier & Co. plays with scale so masterfully.

I love the rustic elegance of this vignette.

Bathroom in a Renovated Barn

All images via Carrier and Company

8 comments:

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

The wardrobe is amazing!

Liza said...

Love the ikat drapes.

Unknown said...

I just saw them on Meade design blog and read an article about them. They are making some killer headway in the design world. Great post

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Another sensational post!!! I agree wholeheartedly with the way you described their rooms: "undeniably chic and have a sense of effortless style"
It really hit the nail on the head in defining the look!
Toma

Tricia - Avolli said...

I had the great pleasure of working with them a few years ago. They are professional and supremely talented. I was honored to have supplied them with what they needed for their project and hope to work with them again.

Tricia - Avolli

Abby said...

What a great feature. I love the eclectic look of the living rooms that still feels so relaxing and pulled together. I can't even pick a favorite photo, they're all fantastic.

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

Hi! Paloma,

Coincidental yesterday I posted an Interview in my In Conversation series with Jesse Carrier and Mara Miller - Have a pick http://meadedesigngroup.blogspot.com/

I am a big fan of their work as well.

Jennifer said...

I have so many of these saved in my files. Love them!