photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Jeff Lewis Design

{Jeff & Co.'s Current Residence: Valley Oak 2}

After last night's Season Three opener of Flipping Out, we learned a few things. Jeff Lewis lost one third of his net worth in the real estate market crash in California this past year, he is still as high strung as ever and we love him for it, Zoila is still as cute as can be, and Jeff has ventured into interior design and remodeling for now.

After hearing Jeff mention Jeff Lewis Design on the Today Show yesterday, I immediately searched Google and found that he finally has a website! Some of Jeff's famous projects that we've enjoyed watching on the show are featured in his portfolio. Jeff's style is very modern, streamlined, and masculine. He likes clean lines, modern kitchens, and strong colors. While I am happy that he has found an alternative to flipping houses in the current market, I am a bit saddened because I have a feeling that this means we'll be seeing less of uber-talented, Ryan Brown on the show.


A Fabulous Outdoor Area at Valley Oak 2
The Living Area at the Original Valley Oak
I love the kitchen in Valley Oak 1! It is probably my favorite Jeff Lewis Kitchen. The colors, glass subway tile backsplash, see-through fridge, and Thomas O'Brien Reed Chandeliers are fabulous!
Jeff's design aesthetic really excels in his kitchens and baths.
The Small, but Very Stylish Kitchen at Ben Lomond

Ben Lomond Living Room
I really like the fact that Jeff Lewis accentuates the period details in the homes he remodels as opposed to getting rid of them like so many speculators do.

Commomwealth: Sleek, Modern Kitchen

Gorgeous Bathroom at the Edgemont Property
Edgemont Living Room
I think everyone must remember the beautiful Nottingham house from Season 1 of Flipping Out. This home appears in both Jeff's and Ryan's portfolios, so I am assuming that it was a collaboration, though Ryan's warmer, layered aesthetic is very evident here.

Nottingham's Beautiful Stairway
Nottingham's living room features period details including an inlaid fireplace and beamed ceiling.

Nottingham's Beautiful Dining Room

15 comments:

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I'm so happy this show is back on! I agree that he excels in aesthetically in bathrooms and kitchens.

Yansy said...

I love Jeff! I'm so glad the show is back.

haircutting in high heels said...

Beautiful post! So happy to have "The Lewis," back.

Tracy Watier said...

Thanks for the info about Jeff Lewis' website. Love his show... I cracked up out loud, watching all by myself last night!

katiedid said...

What is it about Jeff anyway....I just want to hug him and slap him, sometimes at the same time! LOVE him!

Hudson Goods said...

funny guy, love the iron dining chandelier, have a similar one.

LindsB said...

Yea, finally a Jeff Lewis website- its so nice to see all of his great work in one place now- thanks for posting this!!

Sarah Ring said...

Love these spaces! So glad the show is back!

Unknown said...

I never thought he would be gone for too long. He just has the TV personality, and if any show would make a come back, it's his.

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

The Antiques Diva™ said...

At times like these, I realize I've been out of the USA too long (10 years)!!! I'm so out of it!!!
LOL!

I hadn't heard of Flipping Out, Jeff Lewis and the kitchen titled "The Small, but Very Stylish Kitchen at Ben Lomond" looked positively HUGE by European standards!!!

Your designer de jour indeed does gorgeous kitchen and baths! Thanks for keeping me current!

Ciao,
Toma

Averill said...

I really enjoyed the season premiere last night -- Jeff's predicament seems so relevant right now and I love that he's riding things out, too.

Agreed though that I'll miss Ryan being around. While I think Jeff is really talented (and your so right that his biggest forte are kitchens/baths), I really do prefer Ryan's style. The Nottingham house is my all-time favorite from the show.

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE that Nottingham house.... FAB!!!

Anonymous said...

PLEASE!!!! STOP PROMOTING RYAN..HE'S A BACKSTABBER!!!!
WHATEVER JEFF'S FAULTS, HE'S A GOOD PERSON!!!

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought Ryan would be that sneaky....wouldn't trust him to change my toilet paper roll...GO JEFF!

Erin said...

Love, love, love Jeff Lewis's designs, he's awesome! Love the photos!