photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, August 21, 2009

Fabulous Room Friday 08.21.09


This week's fabulous room isn't an entire room, per sé, but I was so smitten by this lovely console table in an entryway featured in Canadian House and Home, that I just had to post it. By the way, a huge thank you to the fabulous Erin of Elements of Style for introducing me to this magazine a while ago. I absolutely love it!

So, why is this table worthy of being considered an entire room for today's feature? I just find it incredibly charming. Eventhough it is organized and the table is large enough to accomodate quite a few items, it still feels a little chaotic and I sort of like that. You have books, an abundance of magazines much like you'd find in my own home, along with framed photographs, a vintage rotary phone, personal mementos, a gilded mirror, vintage lamp, and some darling stacked, kelly green boxes. What more could a girl want? C'est très charmant!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Image via Canadian House and Home

15 comments:

Liza said...

It does look like something you might actually see in a real person's home--that's nice.

LindsB said...

This is one of my favorite tables- I have this whole issue saved because it was so great. This house was the best!

Have a good weekend!!

deliciously organized said...

Yum. Kinda organized chaos, I love it. There is something really inspiring about that space, don't you agree? -carlee

Courtney said...

Exactly. What more could a girl want? I love the console table too-- for the table, for the styling, for the approachability of the space! And wow-- so you not only speak Spanish, but French too? I'm impressed :) I've study both, and sadly feel I remember too little of either! Have a great weekend, Paloma! xoxo

Lauren said...

love all that storage!!! am SO in need of a piece like this!!

My Galveston Cottage said...

It certainly makes a statement. I love the organization it provides in addition to offering stylish, uncomplicated space for collected objects. -susan

Dumbwit Tellher said...

How I'd love to have this entry table. I am one of those weird ones that would find this too cluttered, but I love the use of trays to control items. Adore the pops of green color. I have been a fan of CH&H since 2001. Let's just hope it stays healthy & strong. Pretty cool that they offer a digital subscription for those that prefer that option. Congrat's on being featured in the current issue of BH&G. What a huge accomplishment. Kuddo's to a fellow Houstonian!

erika @ urban grace interiors said...

Paloma! It's awesome! I agree 110%! I might need a subscription to this Canadian House and Home!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those boxes are fabulous. What a lovely jolt of color.

###### said...

I am in love with that magazine and look forward to when it arrives in the mail..everything about it just perfect...except its not a US mag...

Averill said...

I love H&H -- it's such a great magazine and I'm always so excited to get it every month. It's definitely the closest approximation to domino that's still in business.

Honestly the console table is a bit cluttered for my tastes but I LOVE the green boxes. They're perfect.

Traineeship said...

I love it because you can put almost everything on it.

Philippine Real Estate said...

Nice table! I find this table very useful.

fric and frac said...

Love this table! Very charming to see organized chaos like this. I prefer this to everything being hidden away as if no one lives there.

Leanbean said...

Love the pops of color and how it manages to not look cluttered even though there is a lot going on.