photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sponsor Spotlight: Rock Paper Scissors

{Isn't the shop darling?}

If there is one thing in life that I cannot resist, it is beautiful stationery. My willpower may prevail in regard to clothes, shoes, or makeup if I am trying to curb my spending, but I always find it impossible to say no to stationery. I am very excited to have Rock Paper Scissors on board as a new sponsor because they specialize in my bread and butter, gorgeous, unique stationery.



As I was browsing their website, I felt as though it had been created just for me. I loved every single thing I saw!
{The stylish Lauren Rauter}

When I clicked on their "Our Story" page, I knew that it was kismet. Rock Paper Scissors owner, Lauren Rauter and I must be kindred spirits. Just take a look at their manifesto.

We believe:
Paper is a lifestyle
The Barefoot Contessa can do no wrong
There's no excuse not to send a thank-you note
The Discovery Channel rocks
Every guest room should have a notepad on the night stand
A cute apron can make you cook better
The wrapping paper is better then the gift
A loaf of French bread and pat of butter can make you feel better
Gift bags are lazy
Nantucket is the best place on earth
And... As far as gifts go... anything paper is perfect!



{I love the To-Do Lists on Craft Paper!}

Rock Paper Scissors carries a fabulous assortment of boxed and personalized stationery, along with invitations, chic gifts and accessories for the home, and gorgeous gift wrap that is sure to rival the gift itself in appreciation from the lucky recipient.



{One Last Shot of the Beautifully Styled Shop}

Lauren has carefully selected the items she carries in her s
hop and her attention to detail really shows. She has perfectly curated her beautiful selection of stationery which includes brands like Dabney Lee (a personal favorite), Sugar Paper, and the gorgeous in-house lines, RPS Signature and RPS Luxe.
I seriously love every last item they carry, but the following are some of my favorites:

Jack and LuLu's amazing five-volume Stationery Library which features 100 personalized notecards.



Dabney Lee's London Calling notecards
RPS Signature Line Ciao Bella Notecards
These also come in different colors and languages.

The RPS Gracias Swash notecard also comes in a Bonjour or Hello design in various colors.


I love the vintage feel of the RPS Air Mail Flat Notecards.

I am still loving everything from the 1960s, so these Jackie and John notecards from the RPS Luxe line are right up my alley! I love that you can choose from several color options for your ink and envelope liners.

How gorgeous is this RPS Luxe Garden Chandelier Invitation?

The Camelot Calling Cards are completely customizable as well as completely chic!

These Sweet as Honey Calling Cards are exactly that. Aren't they cute? I love bumble bee designs and I must say that pairing your calling card with a matching envelope is a very chic touch.


Be sure to visit Rock Paper Scissors to see the rest of their beautiful stationery!

20 comments:

Designs on 47th Street said...

What a charming little paper shop! Very, very fun stuff. :) I loved looking at all the things the owner carries,and isn't she a cute and yes stylish thing? Oh, and I love the list of what she (and you believe). That list is near perfect if you add faux flowers. ;)

Donna

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

Thank you so much for sharing this about this company. I too am obsessed with stationary. What lovely images and I love their manifesto. Their store is gorgeous!

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

Wooohooo! They are practically in my backyard. I will have to run by there to check out the goods!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Lovely post- beautiful stationary is hard to resist. With email so abundant, it's nice to receive something tactile and hand written. I love that desk calendar!

Rachel said...

Lovely store!! Thanks for the introduction. And isn't she adorable??

Sarah La Rose said...

This shop is exactly where I would like to be right now. Writing to those I love just to say hello and that I'm thinking of them. Who doesn't love to get a note from their friends or loved ones in the mail? I for one love receiving any type of mail... other than a bill.

TERI REES WANG said...

I may have to claim that Jack and Lulu's Stationary Library as my own.

LifestyleBohemia said...

This is such a cute shop! I love the desk calendar.

LindsB said...

I'm loving the calling cards- very chic!

sarah said...

I am in absolute love with this!

Jennifer said...

love their manifesto!

La Petite Maison said...

I'm so glad that you featured this shop! I had the privilege of supporting Lauren and her business when I lived in Nashville. Franklin, TN is absolutely an adorable town; the other shops in the area are not to be missed. Congrats on the new sponsorhip!

Averill said...

Wow! She carries just about all my favorite stationery lines -- I'm so glad you've introduced RPS to us!

Yansy said...

I'm so glad to have found them. I'm absolutely obsessed with beautiful stationary. Gotta love their manifesto.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Their story sums up my thoughts perfectly!

I am a stationery addict! Seriously, I can't get enough of it!

What a wonderful introduction!

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

I'm addicted to beautiful stationary- then I hoard it! My new resolution is to send more 'just because' notes to those I love.

Anonymous said...

The shop is adorable and the little cards with the profiles are too cute!

Unknown said...

Not much is better than some beautiful stationary. It makes my day! Thanks for sharing.

Chic Coles said...

This stationary shop is so cute-Nothing better than a hand written note. We all want callings cards with matching envelops. Love the pattern London Calling.

Kelley L. Moore said...

Love this post! With technology making it so easy to communicate I still feel like there is nothing like holding a notecard in my hand with someone's personal note to me. It is such a great way to express your sense of style, and share that with others.

Love your blog!