photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lovely Bones


It's been a little while since this lovely French-inspired home came on the market here in Houston. I've been meaning to post about it for a while, but it recently went into "option pending", so I'll leave out the details on the property. After all, my intention was to show it to you as a blank canvas, so that you could imagine the beautiful possibilities of decorating this grand home.

The 7,500 square foot home was designed by
Kurt Aichler, a prominent Houston architect and builder. It features five bedrooms, five baths, media room, basement wine cellar, outdoor kitchen, and quarters.


The Foyer

Formal Living Room

Dining Room



Family Room
I love all of the windows/doors!

Kitchen

Library (the shelves have not been installed in this picture)

Master Bath

Master Bedroom



Make sure to tune in this week! I will be featuring what is far and away one of the most beautiful homes I have set foot in to date.

19 comments:

MrsKatherineA said...

WOW. I love this house. I can't wait to see what you post next!

Debra said...

What a house! Just imagine the possibilities! Just imagine the fun shopping for it!
Looking forward to seeing this next great home.

Things That Inspire said...

So beautiful! What a treat to see this home. Do you know the list price? How is the Houston real estate market? It is very weak in Atlanta, particularly for multi-million dollar homes. Things are being priced like there was no correction in the market.

Do you know how tall the ceilings are? I know this is CDT's favorite architect. The spaces are so big. I would love to see a virtual tour because I am having a hard time figuring out floor plan.

I am curious what part of Houston this is in. I adore all of the windows, but the downside is that the house looks a bit like a fishbowl from the pictures....first priority will need to be window treatments!

Great post. Can't wait to see the next one!

cotedetexas said...

Ah, my man!

Lauren said...

What an incredible home!!!!! Those light fixtures!! The wood!! so beautiful

Sheri said...

What a gorgeous home! I have two guesses where it is located. One can only dream...

I can't wait to see what's to come.

alice said...

Stunning!

I may speak to soon, but it would be hard not to finish this house well with those wonderful french doors, floors and fixtures!

alice said...

Stunning!

I may speak to soon, but it would be hard not to finish this house well with those wonderful french doors, floors and fixtures!

Anonymous said...

that is a gorgeous home. that kitchen is HUGE!

Lara said...

beautiful home!!

Bonnie- amour amour said...

Oh wow! this house is just so beautiful!

LindsB said...

Love this house, cant wait to see what you are going to post next :)

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous!!

BethanyJoy said...

This is am amazing home...not far from where we used to live (but a million times larger). And they say you can't have a basement in Houston...obviously if it is designed correctly you can!

Porchlight Interiors said...

How much fun would it be to decorate this home - stunning! Tracey x

cassandra said...

ohhhh so lovely. the staircase is gorgeous and i love the library and master bath! a girl can dream...

Anonymous said...

That kitchen is AMAZING!! I'm drooling over here!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

What a gorgeous house!! Oh the possibilities!!

72 and sunny said...

oh what I could do with this house. I love that chandelier in the bath.