photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Fashionable Address


The glamorous home of Houston's favorite interior designer, J.Randall Powers has just gone on the market. The stylish home he shares with his partner was featured in the May 2008 issue of Elle Décor. J.Randall, or Randy as he is called by those who know him, is the go-to designer for Houston's elite. His extraordinary talent encompasses a variety of styles, as can be evidenced in his portfolio. Coincidentally, he designed the home of the Singers, which I featured earlier in the week.


A man after my own heart, symmetry is prevalent in his designs.

I love that the house is washed in white, both on the exterior and the interior. It creates the perfect canvas for Powers' antiques and impressive art collection, which includes works by Cy Twombly and Peter Sullivan.

Perfect Symmetry

I love the eclectic look created by the oversized lantern, Knoll Flat Bar Brno Chairs, and antique console table. The table looks rather intimate in spite of the large room.

Powers blends antique and new pieces together beautifully.

Streamlined Kitchen

The media room manages to feel sleek and cozy all at once. The Hermès cashmere throws certainly don't hurt.

The master suite, like the rest of the house, features French white oak floors. Floating the bed is ingenious!

The master bath and perfectly organized closet feature custom cabinetry.

Chic Guest Bedroom

The slate side patio is home to a fire pit.

The stunning home seen from the rear


Images via Houston Association of Realtors / J.Randall Powers Interior Decoration

11 comments:

Olimpia Writes said...

Thanks for posting this, this is phenomenal!

Things That Inspire said...

Wow - this is by far my favorite kind of post - beautiful real estate, combined with amazing decor, and a dash of designer celebrity. I can't wait to look at every picture in detail. My first impression - love the light floors, and the dining room is sublime with the oversize lantern and the amazing contemporary art. I wonder who the artist is?

Alicia B. Designs said...

I normally don't like modern or stark sort of homes like this, as they feel cold and uninviting to my traditional taste but this feels so warm. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the house and I love this blog. This is my new favorite place on the internet. You do a great job of showcasing incredible talent like J. Randall Powers. I love the mix of old and new and never even knew of him until I came across this. Keep up being fabulous!

LindsB said...

Beautiful, beautiful house! I love that closet, I would die for that in my house! All that organization makes me giddy :)

Unknown said...

Alicia B, I couldn't agree more. Randy really has a knack for making even the most formal space feel inviting.

Anonymous, thank you so much for your kind words! You made my day! :) I'm glad you like my blog and hope you'll keep coming back.

Haven and Home said...

What I would give for those floors. I am with Lindsey, closets and organization make my day. I wonder what the asking price is...

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

I LOVE that master bath and closet!

Unknown said...

Haven and Home, the asking price is $3.5 million.

avidHOME said...

Beautiful, it seems so calming and serene! Keep up the great posting!

Anonymous said...

The red bath is by Sara Story Design.