photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chalk it Up to Style


I saved quite a few images to my computer around this time last year (it may have even been in 2007) of rooms that featured chalkboards or chalkboard paint. I never got around to writing that post, but upon seeing this room by Benjamin Dhong, I thought I owed it to the chalkboards to do a little post. Most of the rooms I had intended to feature used the chalkboards or chalkboard paint in a pretty practical way, i.e. refrigerator doors, kitchens, playrooms, etc. which is why I love the complete contrast of Dhong's choice. Instead of looking for practicality, he turned to art featuring the Empire State Building. Medium of choice? Chalk on blackboard. The result is completely cool.


Image via Benjamin Dhong

6 comments:

###### said...

I like your blog. I need to look around and get some inspiration on here. Great job!

I ♥ You said...

i love this image. that bar cart is to die.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Tam! I hope you'll keep coming back. :)

studioJudith said...

Such a lovely blog ... . I, too, have had chalkboards on the brain for a while: wanted to do a rather large one ( 5 x 12 ft.) along a LR wall and use it as a base for "ever changing" art. Perhaps your post was just what I needed to jump start a new project!
Judith de SFecodorkba

No.35style said...

Love that subway sign.

Tiaa @ EYInteriors said...

I never would have thought to use chalkboard in this way. Great photo!

On a seperate note: I didn't know you were on FB. I recently added my blog too. maybe we can join each other's network. :)

Tiaa