photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stylish Interiors: Lipstick Jungle and Cashmere Mafia


Anyone who has read my blog probably knows how much I love Sex and the City, so you can imagine how hesitant I was when Lipstick Jungle and Cashmere Mafia first aired. Due to a lack of options because of the writer's strike, I decided to go ahead and give Cashmere Mafia a chance. I watched a few episodes and got bored with the story lines very quickly. Quite frankly, the characters are completely forgettable in my opinion. I can't remember their names and it has only been a few weeks since I stopped watching. The interiors, on the other hand, are a different story. I feel they've actually done a better job on that show with the interiors than Patricia Field did with the wardrobe.




Lipstick Jungle debuted after Cashmere Mafia, but has quickly become a favorite of mine. I feel like the characters have more substance and are more likable (even cheating Nico and her younger man, Kirby) and the interiors on this show are even better in my opinion! I love the spaces the girls live and work in. My favorite space by far is Victory Ford's town house. It is feminine, chic, and quirky, just like she is.




I know there have been a couple of blogs who have posted some of the interiors from Cashmere Mafia, but I have searched and searched for pictures of the Lipstick Jungle interiors without much luck until recently. I came across Bandelle Blog, written by Australian designer, Kylie Sarley, as I was searching for the LJ interiors and found that she had done two fabulous posts featuring Caitlin's apartment from Cashmere Mafia and Victory Ford's townhouse from Lipstick Jungle in which she breaks down all of the elements that the spaces are composed of. I only wish I had come across Bandelle Blog sooner. It is adorable, well written, and features great content.


So, what is your take? Do you like one show more than the other? Do any of the spaces featured on Cashmere Mafia and Lipstick Jungle really stand out to you?


Images from: E Online and Bandelle Blog, respectively

6 comments:

muranogirl said...

I like Victory Ford's NEW closet!

Unknown said...

I do too, Muranogirl! Joe's apartment is incredible!

Anonymous said...

Paloma, I am very flattered to be featured on your great blog. You have such a great sense of style!

Oh, and I would faint if I walked into that closet.

acaligurl said...

i love sex in the city... ooooh can't wait for the movie.
*******
i love cashmere mafia as well.
this blog has some pics.
http://turquoisechic.blogspot.com/
******
and i just caught my first lipstick episode and wouldn't you know the season finale is this week?
i'll have to get the dvd's & catch up

Anonymous said...

I too had reservations about these two shows simply because I love Sex and the City so much, that I felt that anything else could only be an unsuitable imposter. In the case of Lipstick Jungle, I am happy to find myself wrong. I like the characters, I like the story lines and I LOVE the clothes (no, I'm not shallow or anything).

Cashmere Mafia just seemed a bore to me even though I continued to watch it. I never really got into it. Here's to eagerly awaiting the SATC movie!

Sneaky Chic said...

You are soooo right. Lipstick Jungle is so much better than CM!