photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Framed Monogram

A while back, I saw Jack and LuLu's adorable framed monograms and have wanted one ever since. Unfortunately, the colors and patterns they offer are kind of limited and are a little too preppy for my house. This weekend, I saw a similar monogram in the adorable New York apartment belonging to Dan and Caitlin. I stumbled across their blog a few months ago and have liked it ever since. Does anyone know if there is any other place where I can get something like this in a different pattern? Thanks!

Dan and Caitlin's Framed Monogram on the left

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paloma,
Hi, I am a fellow Houstonion, and have throughly enjoyed reading your blog, espeically your posts on local homes and stories about your students. (I'm a teacher as well.) I also saw the Jack and Lulu frames and thought they were adorable. But they were out of my price range, and didn't work with my decor so... I made my own. Please, check out my post with the details.

http://kakipants.blogspot.com/2008/01/here-i-am-with-project.html

One of my friends also used the concept to make a set of black frames with different words like Live and Love on a black and white toile pattern...

Hope these ideas help!
~ Kaki

Anonymous said...

Hi Paloma

I tried commenting on your blog yesterday, and it would never appear.
Anyway, I'm not sure where to find something like this, but I will keep an eye out.

Brilliant Asylum said...

What a neat idea. I would ask around and find a graphic designer that could do this for you. In fact, I think this would make a great present for friends with kids. I may try and make a few myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

franki durbin said...

actually, I can make one of these for you. I'm a designer and illustrator... so if you want to dream one up, let's do it!

Unknown said...

Franki, let me get some ideas together and I will send them to you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Paloma,

I make these and will certainly be happy to find a pattern you like. Mine are $10 plus shipping.

Let me know if you are interested.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10401485

Lovely site.