photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, January 21, 2008

The Sartorialist

It seems that at some point, most bloggers end up doing a post on The Sartorialist, Scott Schuman's fabulous blog which mixes fashion photography with a bit of voyeurism. It has been featured in publications such as Vogue and GQ and is a favorite of many a blogger. Most of the photographs are shot in New York City, Paris, Milan, and London, as well as a few other fashion meccas and feature peopling wearing things I would never have the guts to wear here in the 'burbs. It is quite inspiring and refreshing to see beautiful clothes worn with such distinct individuality when you live in a place where most people look exactly the same.

Hot child in the city - Greenwich Village, NYC

Dapper Dandy - East Village, NYC

S/S '08 Fashion Week - NYC

"Antique DJ" - Chelsea, NYC

Lovely outfit - location unknown, though it looks like San Francisco to me

Camel and grey in Milan

Chic black coat at The Tuileries in Paris


Elegant biker in Paris
Channeling the 1920's at the Tuileries


This cute little old man was photographed outside of the Louvre in Paris. His look is far from what people would consider chic or Parisian, but it is very much his look. He has probably dressed this way for ages and the fact that he sticks to his guns and dares to wear a cowboy hat in Paris is exactly what makes him a model for personal style.

3 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

I would love to know the story of that man in Paris! This is what I imagine: he is a wealthy oil-catter from Oklahoma, and his wife convinced him to take a trip to Paris. He is staying at the Ritz, because his wife says that is where Princess Diana spent her last evening. (I would stay at the Plaza Athénée, because that is the hotel where Carrie and her Russian stayed in Paris).

Tricia said...

I absolutely love the black coat. I want one. I would cut my hair into a bob (which actually works quite well with my hair. But I refuse to cut it in a bob, because I spent THREE years growing it from my shoulders to like one inch below my shoulders.) I yearn for that coat, and a fabulous life style in which I could wear that coat. I always look a little out of place in my life. I am the only mommy at the bus stop in heels, makeup, and with my hair done! Can't you just imagine me stepping out of my Mommy Mobile, AKA a suburban, with that coat, luxurious heels, and a sleek bob. Ha!

On another note, where did you find that picture of my grandpa?! Okay, in reality, my grandpa was a little italian man that wore his shirt unbuttoned a little too far with his cornuto amulet (no lie). Love the picture though. If it were taken, say in the parking lot of the shopping center by my house, it would be ordinary. But in Paris, it is extraoridinary.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

uggh i LOVE that green dress.....i wish i knew who made it.

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards'
www.madebygirl.com