I've been tagged by Tricia, of I am Trish Marie. So, prepare to learn things about me you never wanted to know.
Here are the rules:
-Link to the person who tagged you.
-Leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours.
-Post the rules on your blog.
-Share the seven (7) most famous or infamous people you have met. Or go with the original 7 weird things about yourself.
-Tag 7 random people at the end of your post.
-Include links to their blogs.
-Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay, seeing as how I live in suburban Houston, I haven't had many celebrity sightings, so we'll go with 7 weird things about me. There are some things that I thought of immediately, but I had to really rack my brain to come up with seven whole things. I really don't think I'm that weird, but those who know may may think otherwise!
1. I am a bona fide germophobe. I can't tell you how much Purell I go through every day at work. My students are so amused by the fact that I refuse to touch the hall pass (God only knows what they do with it when they take it to the bathroom.) and that I sanitize my hands after touching almost anything! Some of them genuinely worry about me and ask if maybe I should switch brands so that I don't build up an immunity, but I tell them I'd rather take my chances than know that all of that awful bacteria is on my hands.
2. I have what I like to call "placement issues". Everything in my house, car, or classroom has a designated place and it should be there at all times. If you move something from its place, you are expected to return it to its designated spot once you've finished using it. No one in my life seems to understand how important this is. Instead, they just leave stuff wherever they feel like it and I am constantly having to put stuff where it belongs. I know things like this shouldn't matter and that I should let it go, but I can't. I'm sick, I know.
3. I am also very particular about my bedding. I can only sleep on a down pillow, otherwise my neck and head hurt. Also, the sheets need to be straight at all times. This has been kind of an issue since my husband is the type that likes to wrap himself up in a ball made of the sheets and comforter. First, we did away with a top sheet to alleviate the situation. He has gotten much better, though and no longer pulls the covers up so much that my feet are uncovered and my head is drowning. Now, if I could only get him to stop snoring...
4. I don't eat pork. Sort of. You see, I can eat ham or bacon, but I don' eat either very often. Ham is fine and bacon tastes great, but I always ask for things like sandwiches without bacon since it is so fattening. However, I can't eat things like pork chops or pork tenderloin. I know Anthony Bourdain would surely crucify me for this, but I just don't like the way it tastes. Oh, and I don't do sausage.
5. I pee a lot. I get up several times throughout the night to pee and have been known to go 2 or 3 times during a movie.
6. I consider myself a "lyrical genius" (jokingly, of course) because I sing around the house all the time. I like to take well-known songs and give them new lyrics about anything and everything. Call me a modern-day Weird Al Yankovic.
7. I know all kinds of useless trivia, mostly of the celebrity variety. I attribute this to the fact that I am addicted to Us Weekly, the Internet, and certain TV shows. However, my knowledge isn't limited to celebrities, so be prepared to lose if you ever dare to play something like Trivial Pursuit with me.
Now, on to the fun part. I am tagging:
Cote de Texas
Me, Myself, and I
Scented Glossy Magazines
Things That Inspire