photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 To-Do List

Like many others, I haven't always been successful in keeping my New Year's Resolutions. There's just something about the word "resolution" that makes my goals seem more abstract, less tangible. It's as if you put them out there for the universe to hear and after a while they disappear into La La Land. A few days ago, I decided that I would take a different approach to my resolutions for the new year.

I am a list-maker. Every day at work, I make a to-do list for myself. I love knowing exactly what I expect to accomplish in the day and being able to cross things off my list sends my little heart aflutter. When I say that I make a to-do list everyday, I mean it. As a matter of fact, I make several each day. Once I've accomplished everything on the first Post-It note, I start a new list. Sometimes, my students ask me what's on"my list" or request that I put something on it for them. This, along with the fact that they constantly mock me for my overuse of hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes makes me think that I don't hide my O.C.D. tendencies very well. Whatever, back to the list! Anyhow, this year I am taking a more practical approach to accomplishing my goals. I have made a 2008 To-do list and posted it on the fridge. This way, I'll know that I am expected to do these things and will not be satisfied until I can cross them off my list.


Here is my list so far:


1. Exercise 3-4 times per week.

2. Order pictures to frame in our bedroom - Check!

3. Finish re-decorating our bedroom - So far we've painted and bought the linens. I have to wait for my lamps to come in (it may not be until February!) and I'm looking for a large venetian mirror.

4. Clean out and organize second guest room and transform it into a livable space- currently in the process of doing this

5. Re-decorate office

6. Take at least two trips!

7. Get my real estate license; try to find a summer internship in the business

8. Take a French refresher course

9. Start trying for a baby in the second half of the year.

10 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

Great list! Which lamps did you end up ordering?

Regarding #9, have you purchased this book yet? Now is a great time to buy it if you are thinking about trying this summer. It is excellent!

http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Anniversary/dp/0060881909/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199233213&sr=8-2

Unknown said...

Ooh! I will have to read that!

Unknown said...

Ooh! I will have to read that!

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you can pull off the exercising thing better than I can, but I do wish you the best with your potential pregnancy.

Hello Cupcake said...

Excercise often is one resolution i cant seem to commit :(
good luck and happy 2008

Anonymous said...

Best wishes in '08....
Your list sounds almost identical to mine(except for #9)!Good luck

Courtney said...

I'm so glad I found you through Joni! Adorable blog. Can't wait to read it daily...

Brilliant Asylum said...

I am sure you will accomplish them all. Keep us posted.
: )

Sheri said...

The book mentioned above is FANTASTIC! I have a friend that sends a copy to anyone ttc or with fertility issues. They all have gotten pregnant within two months of reading it. I actually plan to buy it for the girls when they are teens so that they can really understand their bodies. :) Can you tell I am excited about #9 for you? LOL

As for #8, I have my college french book with CDs that I found to be a HUGE help as far as a refresher. You can borrow it if you want. :) Let me know.

Anonymous said...

I'd also recommend trying the new Mexican restaurant Taco Grill in Katy - it's off of Mason Road and just fantastic!