photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More from the Sex and the City Movie

It's been a while since I've heard any news about the Sex and the City movie, but I stumbled across a couple of things today. First, the official movie poster (pictured at left) was recently released. Secondly, I happened upon Ain't It Cool News, a blog written by MiraJeff, a columnist with Hollywood's Variety Newspaper. FYI, I cringe at the use of the word "ain't", but I digress.

Anyhow, there is a flashback scene in the upcoming SATC movie which features the girls in what I presume to be their early twenties. MiraJeff happened to study at NYU with the beautiful girl who plays the young Carrie. Aside from the way they are styled, I don't think any of the girls look much like their characters, though they are super cute. What do you think? Mini-Samantha is cracking me up! Personally, I would have loved to have seen a young Stanford Blatch and Anthony Marantino.

9 comments:

mrsplainjane said...

aw, I think they all look adorable. I CANNOT wait for the movie!! You always keep us so updated on the latest SATC news ;)

MrsKatherineA said...

I love your post but am so bummed out at their lame attempt to widen audience appeal- that sounds so dumb and the young versions of these charachters look awful, I hate it! But will be eager in line at the theater of course!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait...thanks for the updates! You are my source for the latest SATC news. When is the move due out? I thought it was March or May...am I close?

72 and sunny said...

ya. bad casting.

they look like a bunch of sorority girls at halloween 'being' sex in the city.

Unknown said...

Beachbungalow8- Your sorority comment is so true!!

SGM said...

Great scoop--I think the young Samantha looks pretty good but not the rest. Ugh. Why do it if you're not going to have dead-on ringers?

Tricia said...

Is that for real? Seriously? SGM has a point, get some gals that ummm actually look like them.

Oh. And I tagged you. Sorry. Okay not really, sorry. Check out my blog for details!

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere, that these young girls weren't supposed to be the younger versions of our Sex and the City girls. But rather just some girls that the SAC girls saw walking by, and it reminded them of their younger days.

Unknown said...

Ooh, Danielle, I hope you're right! That would make much more sense since they don't look enough like the SATC girls to be younger versions of them. The other thing that irked me was that their clothes looked far too modern to be from the late 1980's. Great theory!