photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, May 12, 2014

Sponsor Spotlight: Memorial Antiques & Interiors

{I loved this well-curated new booth.}

I am so excited to share some images of  Memorial Antiques & Interiors from one of my recent visits.  Memorial Antiques & Interiors, or MAI as design-savvy Houstonians call it, is Houston’s premier resource for beautiful antiques and special vintage finds and has been a sponsor on LDV since last year. MAI has grown significantly since my first visit in 2008, expanding to three stores filled with stunning vignettes curated by a group of more than fifty antique dealers, designers, and decorators. MAI has become a personal favorite shopping destination and a go-to resource for interior designers and smart shoppers in Houston alike. In fact, a few of my decorator friends have booths at MAI that I like to visit as often as possible. At MAI, you’ll find pieces ranging from European antiques to Mid-Century Modern, in categories including accessories, custom lighting, furniture, original art, and  architectural elements. Be sure to visit often! I like to visit MAI as frequently as I can. Its is a fabulous destination for gathering inspiration and finding that special treasure for a client. 

{A Wider View of the Same Chic Booth}

{I love this pair of chairs.}


{A Great Mercury Glass Lamp and Zebra Hide Boxes}

{MAI has added some great art vendors lately. Art is such an important element of design and it can also be one of the most challenging items to source, so it's so nice to have so many fantastic options in one place.}

{I loved this Twombly-esque charcoal piece.}

{I loved the brass side tables with mirrored tops in this booth.}

{My friends, Lauren Haskett and Meg Lonergan have a great booth called Navy which is a great resource for decorative accessories and Alexis Walter Art.}

{I wish I knew the name of the owner of this booth because he or she has great style. This booth always features a chic mix of furniture and accessories.}

{I love this petit burl wood bombay chest.}

{Another Beautiful Chest along with a Gilded Starburst Mirror and Pretty Crystal Chandelier}

{This booth, in MAI Building 2 is filled with pretty French antiques.}


8719 and 8731 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77024
713.827.8087
Open Monday-Saturday 10 am – 6 pm and Sundays 1 pm – 5pm

6 comments:

Josh Urso Design said...

The 2D work available here is amazing! There seems to be high quality pieces covering many styles: modern, contemporary, even traditional. Usually you either see a great selection of furniture or a great selection of art for the walls, not both. Wish we were in TX to check 'em out.

Karena said...

Paloma, I can easily see that i could spend hours and ours here. Fabulous finds ad artful accessories abound!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

merci pour ce charmant billet... De très belles curiosités ont attisé mon regard...
Gros bisous ♡

France Aspiration said...

Superbe travail ! Le rendu est vraiment magnifique ! Peu importe la langue, la beauté des visuels traversent les frontières !
Merci et à bientôt !
France Aspiration - http://www.france-aspiration.com/

Lily L-M said...

This just looks like designer heaven!

x Lily
http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

The Art of the Room said...

Paloma,
I was so delighted to see my space (first 3 photos) included in your post! Relatively new to Houston, I'm thrilled with the diversity of style and talent available here. I'm also thrilled to discover your blog (I have it set up now on Bloglovin to receive regularly).
Hope to personally meet you one of these days!
Warmest,
Cristopher Worthland Interiors
www.worthlandinteriors.com