photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, May 30, 2014

Fabulous Room Friday 05.30.14

benjamin vandiver

Earlier this week, Domaine featured Nashville interior designer, Benjamin Vandiver as their “Designer Crush” and I could easily see why. One glimpse at his beautiful work and I was smitten, too! While they featured a few of his projects on Domaine, this one in particular really struck a chord with me. I love the composition of the room and the graphic contrast of black and white. The palette is completely pared back, save for a few accents—the chic burlwood table, a pair of leopard throw pillows, and the striped silk pillow on the white club chair. Sometimes, the absence of bold colors and patterns can have more visual impact than a palette filled with them. Don’t get me wrong, I love the use of color and pattern, but there really is something to be said about restraint. This particular room feels lush, inviting, and even sexy thanks to the mix of textures, interesting shapes, and striking art. I look forward to seeing more of talented Benjamin’s work.

benjamin vandiver2 {The mix of sculptures, the burlwood table, vibrant white peonies, polished nickel reading lamp, and white upholstery are ultra-chic.}

benjamin vandiver3

{Details on the Coffee Table}

Have a fantastic weekend!

Signature-3

5 comments:

Leah / Freutcake said...

Paloma, You're taste is so chic! I'm head over heals in love with the woman's bodice sculpture!

On Madison

preppylove said...

That room is so classic! I love the leopard pillows. They are so great with an otherwise clean black and white room.

http://www.preplovelove.com

Karena said...

So dramatic Paloma and I adore all of the artful accessories!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Henri Cartier-Bresson, Here and Now

Anonymous said...

Abitualmente non amo le fantasie leopardate ma a quest' ambiente donano particolarmente. Promosso!
Manu di www.lovelyweddinglovely.wordpress.com

April said...

I enjoy your blog so much. The colors, textures, and composition are beautiful. I shared my love in my latest post http://www.notquitewonderwoman.com/3-reasons-to-link-to-and-mention-other-blogs/
by recommending your blog to my readers. Thanks for the beauty!