photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Strategies for Success: Setting Goals for 2013

Hi everyone! I hope that you all had a magical Christmas. I'm Melanie Duncan, serial entrepreneur and founder of The Entrepreneuress Academy and I'm here to share with you my strategies for success. As the new year creeps in, many of us find ourselves scratching our heads as we try and figure out where we went wrong in keeping last year's resolutions. The truth is 2013 can be your best year ever! It really is all up to you. Here's what you need to do to accomplish more in in 2013:  
 That's right, you heard me. I want you to set unbelievable EASY goals that you know without a shadow of a doubt you can accomplish. Here's why: -It feels good to hit goals (even easy goals) and it inspires you push forward. -When you set goals that you can reach, you actually end up achieving more because you have already proved to yourself that you are capable, instead of dwelling on what you failed to do. -We are all creatures of habit, creating small wins for ourselves will reinforce positive new behaviors and overall growth in our lives. So there you have it! Not so bad, right? Comment below and share with me 1 SMALL goal that you are setting for yourself in 2013. I believe in you! 
 xx Melanie  

P.S. Hi, it's Paloma! Today, it's been a week since my emergency appendectomy. I spent a night in the hospital and was able to come home last Friday evening. Since then, I have spent most of my time sleeping and resting as much as possible. I have felt guilty about not blogging this week, so I am so thankful for how understanding you've all been. Thank you for your kind words and well-wishes. I am also quite grateful that Melanie was here with a fabulous, motivational post today as I start to ease back into blogging and work. I have definitely been reflecting on my goals for 2013 lately, so this is rather timely. What are you aiming to accomplish this year?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Paloma, I am glad you are feeling better. Do not feel bad about not blogging, please take care of yourself. Lorena

Squeak said...

Hi, Paloma!

I'm so sorry to hear about your emergency appendectomy, but glad to hear you're feeling better.

My small goal for 2013 is to find a job. I was laid off twice in 2012, the first time in February and the second time a week before Christmas. I'm hoping to find a company to work for that doesn't have financial problems!

Kris Robitzsch said...

Goal setting must be done throughout the year :)

Paula from RevelInItMag.com said...

Hi Paloma,
A great opportunity to -- you heard it here at La Dolce Vita first -- set smaller goals. Your small goal for the moment is to heal from surgery. I've been there and abdominal surgery is major, so hope you can let the guilt go. Besides, that gorgeous post on the 20th is enough to dine out on until you return (not to mention we've all been busy with the holidays). Be well and know that you've already given us so much!

Love, Paula