photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Favorite ROOM: GADABOUT

Hello! This is Hanna Seabrook from GADABOUT Creative and I was so thrilled when Paloma asked me to be in her "My Favorite Room" series!

My husband and I have been renting this old house in downtown Charleston for 8 months while he finishes medical school. When we moved in we knew we would only be here for a little while, but still, we wanted to make it look as finished as possible. Since the beginning, my favorite room of the house has been our living room. The floor space allows for easy entertaining, the windows are large and open to the porch, and the architectural elements are so beyond our age we feel lucky to look at them. Our goals for decorating this room were to work with what we had and make sensible (and hopefully stylish) purchases for everything else. Because we are 25, we tried to pick pieces that were traditional enough that we wouldn't tire of them and added low budget personal touches with coffee table books, $2-20 antique shop finds, and old family photos. We also lucked out that we are recently married and received some wonderful wedding gifts from our family and friends. When we are "finished" decorating this room (though I truly believe you are never really finished decorating) I hope it feels welcoming, relaxed and not over-worked. Here is a 360 degree view of our living room that I took with my iPhone this weekend (excluding the not so cute television). I really hope you enjoy it!

                    

Thank you again Paloma for giving me an excuse to buy fresh flowers! So sorry that the photos were only iPhone quality!

Credits: Mantle Painting by Sally King Benedict // Furniture by Century Furniture and West Elm

Rugs from Homegoods and Overstock.com // Lighting from Circa Lighting, Worlds Away and

Ralph Lauren // Accessories from Wisteria, RL Home, Dwell Studio and local antique shops

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hanna your home is beautiful!!

Hannah said...

Gorgeous. Just love the abstract artwork.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Dawna Jones Design said...

You are so fortunate to have such great bones to work with and from the look of it you are well on your way to a beautiful room!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Anonymous said...

The bones of this room are incredible. I love your classic style with modern touches! You're shelves are especially well done! Thanks for sharing!

Keenan said...

Gorgeous, Hanna!

camille_iman said...

I love your collection of chairs! It gives me the idea to pick out a few chairs instead of a sette or other small sofa.

Home Decorating Stores said...

Nice blog.. thanks for sharing this information with us...

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I LOVE the painting above the mantle! Great room.

la petite fashionista said...

so classic & stylish! it's a perfect blend of feminine and masculine too which i know will be the biggest challenge when I get married some day!