photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Color Story: Maria Barros + Christmas

{Absolutely love her coat + dress + turquoise + shoes!}
Happy Holidays LDV Readers!  It's Vanessa Stern from Vanessa & Valentine with a new series that explores interiors and fashion in beautiful inspiring colors.  This past weekend I was catching up on some online shelter mags and was stopped dead in my tracks when I came across Maria Barros' colorful new workspace featured in Adore Magazine!  I did some further research on Pinterest and found some inspiring holiday decor ideas...
When I first saw Maria's work I was immediately a huge fan!  If I had to choose a creative kindred spirit, she would be it!  Her graphic use of bold color and pattern just speaks to me.  It's crisp, clean, happy, and full of energy.  I also adore how she is fearless infusing bold colors in her wardrobe.  I've been in such a neutral funk lately, that seeing her spaces has me inspired again!
   White is my favorite color to decorate with, but I've been so hesitant to use it since I have small kids.  This white couch is my new inspiration piece and I want it done in a really soft and supple leather that is kid proof.  Who says you can't have white with the kiddos?  Seriously want that zebra ottoman too!
The pops of color against the white looks so festive for the holidays...
...and I love the pretty pastels even more!
Maria's book is on my wish list too and would make a great gift for the design enthusiast in your life!
Does it get any more perfect than this??  All white walls and floors with lots of pink+orange!
See you next time and have a very Merry Holiday Season!
Xo,
Vanessa
Follow me on Pinterest here

8 comments:

gigi said...

this space is magical. so happy and colorful love it! xx. gigi.

Ines Pereira said...

Maria is one of the best Portuguese designers. I had her book for christmas last year and read it in 3 days. It has great tips to make Your home happier. You can see this post here where i explain how i have applied some of her tips.
http://perfect-home.blogspot.pt/2011/12/casa-feliz-maria-barros.html

( this post, as her book, is in portuguese)

Inês

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I cannot get over this post. Her outfit it perfect and I love all the patterns & PINK! Cannot wait to see more of her work!
www.alixandcharlie.com/blog
(Boutique.Blog.Bliss.)

Magnolia Moxie said...

How can we order this darling book? Thanks for the inspiration!

Dawna Jones Design said...

So unbelievably pretty and inspiring!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

The Sunny List said...

I love this ! it's such a great idea and inspiration, being the whole room white, makes it like a canvas to go crazy with colors :) Will keep this in mind for the next decor make over!

www.the-sunnylist.blogspot.com

The Sunny List said...

I love this !!! Great inspiration.

www.the-sunnylist.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where to buy that pink geometric wallpaper in the pictures above?? I have fallen in love!!