photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Runway Recap: Rachel Zoe Fall 2011

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Fashion Week is such an exciting time! I always love drawing inspiration from the latest looks the designers share at their shows and presentations. I would have loved to have been able to attend the shows that I was invited to this season, but after just getting back from New York last week, it wasn’t feasible. I am crossing my fingers to be able to make it in September, though! Rachel Zoe, celebrity stylist and pop culture phenom, debuted a new collection this season. I didn’t love her original collection for QVC and am so pleased to see how polished her new collection is. There were several recurring themes throughout the collection that I am loving.

zoe5

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

zoe4

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

 

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

zoe3

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

 

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

 

zoe2

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

zoe

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

What are your thoughts? Do you like Rachel’s new collection? Would you wear any of these looks?

{Image Source: Style.com courtesy of Rachel Zoe}

14 comments:

Vanessa Elizabeth l Ruffled Rose said...

I have to agree with you, I wasn't too impressed with her first collection. But I am loving some of the pieces in this one! Especially that camel cape!

Nanna said...

Ah i love lots of them!!! So nice!!! I gotta see if i can get any of them in my wardrobe!!!! Thank you for the tip!!!

Kathy said...

That camel cape is to *die* for...the red frilly dress sans the shoes is adorable...I've seen all episodes of her reality series and I just have a hard time with how full of herself she is, but clearly passionate about all things fashion so I hope she succeeds for Rogers sake!

Shannon said...

All of these outfits are amazing. Definitely sexy but still feminine and I love the white and black dress, very modern but still has a flow to it. And I love how all the models are wearing red lips...Love it!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

A great line-up. I would love to get my hands on the red tux, camel cape and the black gown. I'm impressed!

Thanks for the peek ~

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

I LOVE the suits and that camel cape as well! Her pieces look a lot more tailored this time. I'm dreaming of attending Fashion Week one day..

Lindley said...

that cape thing in the camel color is fantastic

Unknown said...

I thought her handbag collection was great for QVC....the outerwear left more to be desired for sure.
This collection is beautiful...particularly that crimson suit...gorgeous.
Any idea where she is retailing? This seems way to high fashion for QVC. I guess I should go to her site and find out.
C

Averill said...

I really like! Especially the suits/pants. They all look very flattering. I'd totally go for that red suit in particular.

Ashley Turner said...

Love them! There are few things as flattering as a pair of long wide leg trousers with heels, platforms or wedges! Glad to see these coming back and I love the 70's inspired fashions! They're better this time around than they were 40 years ago! Thanks for sharing!

quintessence said...

AGreed - big improvement over the QVC collection. I think part of the reason is that the modern glitz is mixed with classic pieces to anchor it and give it a more substantial feel. The menswear inspired pieces are beautiful (although I don't like the shorts - that is a trend I'd love to see go away) and the long black dress is elegant and modern.

Design Goddess said...

I'm loving the pantsuits. I'd rock em all including the first all white suit (cept with pants, not shorts). I also like the plaid coat and the camel wrap coat. Majority of the boots and booties were fab too. The rest I'd pass on like the pants with the pleats in the front making them a loose fit. I dislike that style. Otherwise fab collection.

Jenna@simplybonvivant.com said...

Paloma! I know you must be dying that you weren't able to see these looks in action. She seems to have found the proper mix of high fashion and wear-ability to reach more of an audience...thanks so much for featuring this, it has definitely inspired me. Hope you can make it in Fall...wish I could be there too!

carries design musings said...

The collection is very ZOE. Love everything but the flirty dresses.