photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dream Home: LeSueur Interiors

The lovely Meg, of LeSueur Interiors will be sharing her lovely dream home with us today. Meg is a Southern Belle through and through, but her global travels have played a big role in shaping her design sensibility, which you’ll notice in her stunning selection of rooms. Enjoy!

Hi There! I'm Meg, this is my dream house. Follow me... Love the unsuspecting front. Nothing too flashy. Hidden behind a private garden. Behind those trees it is kinda big, but you can't really tell from the street. Pretend Mary McDonald is me. But I'd be wearing jeans and a colorful silk blouse. More my style. And heels, just not red ones. I'd also be wearing this nailpolish. And bracelets, lots of bracelets. Nice to meet you! Follow me!

Come on in! Can I fix you an iced tea, spiked ice tea or glass of wine?
Let's go to the kitchen. I have two favorites. I like them both so much. The top one I'd throw a colorful beat up Persian carpet on the floor. But love the modern cabinetry, don't even get me started on the windows. The bottom lantern and floors kill me. I have four boys (we're playing pretend remember), so they all line up at these tables and demand snacks all the time. Fine by me!
Hold on, let me get the flowers out of the laundry room, I was cut them in there after I picked them out of the back yard right before you came! I have just about as many tulips as in Holland!
Ok, now lets sit down in our formal sitting room for a chat. We entertain in here, and the boys skateboard and play soccer in here. I really don't mind them beating up these old floors, boys will be be boys! Never a dull moment in this house!
I had to throw in this great lavender sofa! This is where we like to kick our feet up.
We Lonergans have NO TV in this house. You read that correctly. So at night we read and play games in the study once everyone’s homework is finished.
Thanksgiving usually is held in here, obviously we need a bigger table, and a lot more chairs, and a huge rug, you get the gist.
This is our master bedroom. It's masculine, but soft. I have a pet peeve about overly feminine bedrooms. Hello, husbands have to sleep there too!
Master bath...we need a little rug in here too, cold feet in the winter time! See the fire place? Can you tell I have a fireplace in every single room in this house! Even though we live in the south, we need fireplaces!
I have the very same dressing room as Jenna! Can you imagine? Every girls dream! This is my office, where all designing gets done..and occasional naps...the boys know not to bother me in here!
This is our sloppy guest room..excuse the mess! And the fringey curtains that I can't wait to change.
One of the boys rooms...my husband complains all the time about this animal head, worried it's going to get broken from being 'kicked and knocked around'. We picked that up on a family safari to Namibia. Come join us for a barbecue or pool party sometime! Hope you enjoyed popping in!
Thanks so much for having me Paloma! This was a fun little escape!

25 comments:

Carissa said...

Yay! Go Meg!!!! :)))))

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Wow.. not too flashy outside, but outstanding inside! Wow! Huge contrast.


Have a nice day, Paloma.


xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Post of the Day: Multi-Million Dollar Malibu House.

Meg said...

Thanks SO much for having me Paloma! This was so fun! Hi Carissa! :) xx

Nanna said...

I totallt agree... A very nice dreamhome!! :)

Vanessa Elizabeth I Ruffled Rose said...

Great choices, Meg! I love that lavender sofa, too.

My House, My Garden said...

I just saved 80 percent of these photos! What a wonderful home she has! :) So glad to see someone out there has my exact taste. (smile)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, Meg! I love all the beautiful floors, wood and tile...pretty:)

Anonymous said...

Funny because your house looks identical to my house. :) Fantastic choices, Meg.

Beau lifestyle said...

Bravo, well done! I enjoyed reading this, and yes I´d tried to imagine all that.
p.s. the last pic of the swimmingpool, is my dreamhouse too, we should share the pool drinking a martini.

Sara said...

Nice! So fun!!

manvi @ mochatini said...

wait, do we live in the same house? nicely done meg.

Jenna@simplybonvivant.com said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! The whole thing is pure genius. Thanks for putting this masterpiece together.

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

First of all, Meg, you are hysterical. What a fun read!!! Also, LOVE seeing like 5 pictures that I've been pondering in my heart forever.

Gorgeous choices, can't wait to read your blog and be your newest biggest fan!

arre said...

meg is SUCH a hoot. i love her and her dream home.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

lovely house, especially the master room! mazing :)

www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Gorgeous Meg,

So many inviting and stylish spaces in this fantasy lair.
Thanks for the reverie ;)
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

meenal @ maison marigold said...

I like your sense of humor and wild imagination even better than your house, Meg!!The first kitchen and the home office are my favorites if its just the house we are discussing!! And,I love your dream house series Paloma!Cheers!!

http://maisonmarigold.blogspot.com/

Long Island Style said...

Love the light fixtures the most! Each one just makes the room -- thanks so much for sharing.

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

That house is perfection!

Lucy said...

I adore your dream house and your pretend life. Especially the part about your kids not bothering you in your office...that would be the life indeed! I can't get anything done while they are awake/at home. Partially because I want to hang out with them :)

Angie said...

Meg gets my vote for Best of Dream Home!

diana shae decor said...

My vote too!

Meg said...

Oh my gosh, thanks for the feedback ladies! I'm glad you all liked it, and my little fantasy! ;)

Megan said...

This is my favorite of this series yet!! Meg's dream home insane- love the images!

Anonymous said...

Good choices, all. I've seen most, but from what source is the first kitchen, the one with the extra long wood counter/table?

Thank you!