photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dream Home: Pure Style Home

The lovely and talented, Lauren Leiss from Pure Style Home is sharing her beautiful dream home today. I love the abundance of white and the serene look of it all.

header pure style home[1]

 

 

My dream house is white and it's surrounded by lush greenery.  I've had both of these pics below saved in my "dream home" file for years and I love them both equally for different settings so I had to share both: I love the pergola & insane yard & bridge in this one:

And I've had this one hanging up for years in my house in a secret spot because I love it so much:
{I've even crazily worked out the entire floorplan I'd want in this house one day.}  Image from Cottage Living
My entryway would feel something like Windsor's Smith's foyer.  I love the decayed silver lantern, the airiness and the fresh happy feeling you'd get walking in.  I love the ferns too and kill my fair share of them every year.
{House Beautiful}
My living room would feel something like this:
{Michael Bastian's LR, Domino}
I love the collected paintings & objects and have an ever-evolving collection.  It's light & airy yet a bit Alice-and-Wonderlandy.  It's also got this amazing organic feel and it seems like it's free & open for change & creativity, which I need.  Somewhere off of the living room, I'd love a little study - a bit darker than the other rooms- full of books and a pedestal table with some comfy wing chairs and a napping sofa.  It would feel like this:
{Southern Accents}
..with a touch of this:
{Jill Morris in House Beautiful}
The kitchen would be open & airy & bright.  There's no point in ever designing my own kitchen because I simply want this one:
{Southern Accents}
I covet those skylights covered draped with white linen!!! mmm mm mmm
{Southern Accents}
Looove the extra thick countertops, open shelving and the fresh white & green with hits of black.
My dining room would definitely have a gorgeous wall treatment.  And it would be its own separate room where doors could be shut to keep my guests lingering all night long.  (sounds creepy, I know. But I do love an enclosed dining room. ;)  I'd want it to have large windows so you practically felt like you were outside and you'd be able to see the yard & trees lit up at night.  I don't have a picture for this one but it would be smaller in size & very intimate.  And there would  be hidden speakers for music. If you went out one of the kitchen doors, you'd hit the mudroom & laundry room and then you'd walk through a door to the covered breezway to the garage. (With a walkway on top.)   On top of the garage, I'd have my studio.  It would be big & bright with high ceilings and tons of space:
{Atlanta Homes}
I would be in Heaven if it looked & functioned just like Suzanne Kasler's office!! (above & below)
{Atlanta Homes}
From the studio, you could open the door to the walkway above the breezeway and follow it to the upstairs portion of the main house where the kids bedrooms, and guest bedroom would be.  My bedroom would be white (as my own is now) which is what feels most restful to me when I just want to free my mind.  Here's a picture of what I WISH it could look like:
{by Ruthie Sommers, House Beautiful}
I could layer in the warmth seasonally in rugs & bedding, which I could mix up whenever I felt the urge:
{an old Ralph Lauren ad I think?}
My bathroom would be simple and the shower would be massive:
{Hello floors!!! Elle Decor}
It would also have a floating waterworks soaking tub and a (perfect, beautifully arched) steel door...
{Jill Brinson Sharp's home, House Beautiful}
...leading to a little secret garden for just me & my husband.  It would have an enclosed outdoor shower like this one:
..But with tons of plants & flowers.  Like an Eden.. (We're dreaming, right??)
The guest bedroom would have a bit more color & pattern and I love the idea of a happy yellow in there:
The kids would have fun rooms but I'd by lying if I told you I'd planned them out. (I'm kind of selfish about my daydreams ;) ;)   BUT they would definitely have a cool hang out all to themselves somewhere in the yard.
When I think about what's most important to me in my dream house, it ends up being the land that it sits upon.  I love having a home that is open to the outdoors and so the idea of having an incredible piece of property really appeals to me.  I'd love some woods and a swimming pond. 
Paloma, thanks so much for having me visit for the dream house tour!! 
Here's to one day getting a least a piece of our dream homes!! :)

31 comments:

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Amazing photos! What a home that would be! My favorites are the kitchen and work spaces!

Vanessa Elizabeth said...

Lovely choices, Paloma! I would kill for a studio like that! Guess I'll have to settle for my office for the time being. . .

Anonymous said...

The third last picture is so idyllic. Fun fantasy tour, thank you

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

This is a "yummy" dream house! :-)


Loving everything, but the outdoor shower is amazing!!!! Too bad I would never use it here in Canada! :-)

xo



Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Post of the day: A Cottage on Shelter Island.

The Iconic Blog said...

How lovely!x

Caitlin said...

Paloma,

I'm really enjoying the new series. But what REALLY made my week was settling in for a snow day with the first issue of High Gloss!!!! You're my favorite blogger and I had high hopes, which were totally met. So much lovely content, it kept me entertained for ages. I know I'll read it several more times before the next issue comes out. Great job!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

That entryway is one of my faves ever. Love Lauren and her blog!

Congrats on all the High Gloss success Paloma xo

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE that foyer in House Beautiful... classic!

Anonymous said...

The work space is amazing so is the outdoor bath space! nice photo selection

estefaniamendivil.wordpress.com

The enchanted home said...

We are meant to be friends! Love your taste and eye and inspriational photos! Beautiful and oh how I miss seeing greenery and lush foliage...yes we are stuck here in NY n the worst winter ever. Only postiive thing that came of it was my sudden free amounts of time to discover great blogs and start my own! Hope you will visit me..started only 3 weeks ago, but think you will like it (since we seem to like many of the same things)
Its mostly about the building of our new home and my passion for design/decor.
www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

Thanks! I will be back and am your newest follower....

Pond Kits said...

Would have its own separate room, where doors can be closed to keep my guests continued throughout the night. Sounds scary, I know. But I love the dining room closed.

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

This is totally lauren!

Beth said...

As a long time reader of Lauren's blog, I could almost picture her dream home before I read the post. She has such a specific look--organic, pretty, elegant yet comfortable.

A Perfect Gray said...

love the stacked art in the living space...

LuLu said...

Stunning combinations of room that would create a dream home!
LuLu

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

lauren, these are amazing pictures! the second house reminds me of a charleston single style home-but more modern. i really see a lot of your current house in these photos. the look and the feeling is definitely the same. (just add a cool million or two, right?) some day! ;) thanks for sharing your dreams with us.

Loulousucre said...

I love all your pics. I have a folder full of idea pics that I have collected over the years also. Great ideas!

Diane@ At Home said...

Truly would have a warm and gracious Southern quality to it too. Love the exterior inspiration.

Sarah Greenman said...

Lauren - I love what you've dreamed up here. So fresh, calm and YOU! I love it all.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dream home!!! Now you've got me dreaming. Think I'll pull out my inspiration/dream home file/binder :)

Karen T.

Mona thompson said...

Love Lauren's vision. You can really see all of these images fitting into a dream house together beautifully. Not just random thoughts or a lot of things that she likes that wouldn't all work in the same house. Great job.

Ann said...

Every room and detail of her dream house is so lovely...

I love the home office too:)

quintessence said...

Fabulous!! Love all her picks!!

Sarah said...

Enjoyed seeing what Lauren would do without budget restraints.

Sarah Greenman said...

Alright... I'm back because I was so inspired that I did my own! Thanks for the kick-start!

See it here:
http://maisonboheme.blogspot.com/2011/02/collaging-my-dream-home.html

LiveLikeYou said...

Lauren your dreams house is to die for! Always hold on to that image!

Karah said...

soo pretty...love all her picks!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it dreamy to dream....I have a love folder too! Enjoy the dream till you obtain it then love it even more! :-) Great post ~Margaret
www.Milieudesigngroup.com/blog

casey at loft and cottage said...

okay, i so want to move in! crazy that at least three of these were in my dream home file too!

AT HOME WITH ALLI. said...

I could live in any of these! Nice collection!

AT HOME WITH ALLI. said...

I could live in any of these! Great collection.