photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, December 20, 2010

Masculine vs. Feminine Style through the Eyes of a Spanish Designer

olga lopez de vera3

I love how perfectly Spanish designer, Olga López de Vera has defined these children’s rooms. The little girl’s room shown above is the picture of young femininity. You have French-inspired furniture, a fun loft with a kitchen and garden, flowers, butterflies, and lots of pink! My favorite thing about this sweet room is the darling dining table. I love the furniture and the fact that Olga included a pink banquette along with the French-inspired chairs. I would have been in heaven if this had been my room at age six.

olga lopez de vera

This little boy’s room is the complete antithesis of the girl’s room from before. As we get older, we mix feminine pieces with masculine ones, but it seems that those aesthetic differences are most clearly defined when we are children. I actually find this nautical-inspired boy’s room to be quite chic. I love the dark wood paired with the palette of navy and ivory. The shape of the bunk beds is refreshing and the overall effect is rather sweet.

 

{Images Courtesy of Olga López de Vera}

11 comments:

Marianne said...

I adore both of these rooms. The dining set and daybed are absoltely precious in the girls room and I love the tailored approach to the boys room. Love the inspiration!

Sketch42 said...

I LOVE the boys room! Its so adorable and sophisticated!

A Casa da Vá said...

She is so talented, both rooms look amazing and fun!

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

So good, I am needing major babyroom inspiration for some clients right now so these hit just the spot!

Linda [Forever Champagne] said...

Gorgeous rooms!

Alicia @ eco friendly homemaking said...

I love both of these rooms especially the little girls room.I think most any little girl would feel like a princess in that room!

Megan said...

I'm head over heels for the little boys room; the more you explore the theme of masculine vs feminine rooms I realize that I lean heavily towards the masculine side. I especially LOVE that wallpaper for a boys room. And ideas on that one?

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

The girl's room is so sweet! I do love the boys room though, very masculine & chic.

Unknown said...

Perhaps b/c I have only boys - I am really drawn to and wowed by this chic nautical room. This is one for the style files!!!

xo Elizabeth

autumn said...

fabulous rooms.
i love the simplicity and masculine vibe in the boys room.

House of Fiddeli said...

The girls room is beautiful, love the painting on the wall!