photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dream Home: Verdigris Vie

Our new “Dream Home” series seems to have already proven to be a big hit with all of you! Personally, I am really enjoying seeing how some of our favorite bloggers would put together their dream homes if money, time, and location were no object. Today, the lovely Vitania of Verdigris Vie is sharing her beautiful, modern traditional home.

Verdigris Vie

Paloma, thank you so much for inviting me to be part of this fun series. As a result, I have officially concluded that I need 3 homes. One in the city, one in the county, and the other by the sea. But for now, I have tried to merge my love for all three, into one Big Dream. So here is a little tour of my place.

A Entrance 1 Ann dEcker - Copy[1]

Anne Decker

It starts with a beautiful central entrance. I am a huge fan of Georgian Colonials and French Country houses, so this home is a blend. Windows to the left, windows to the right, and a detached carport.

B foyer nathan egan[1]

Nathan Egan

A large welcoming foyer that showcases some of the homes architecture.

C barbara barry - Copy[1]

Barbara Barry

To the right, the formal room, for relaxing or entertaining, completes with a piano and of course a fireplace, somewhere in there.

D library baden baden[1]

Baden Baden

To the left, the library and office, although mine would be a little a little lighter with a few more touches of modern.

E kitchen bates corkern - Copy[1]

Bates Corkern

Towards the back of the house, a large modern and very functional kitchen for all the amazing recipes I whip up for my family. And it must have a walkout to the back terrace.

F dining  House and Home[1]

House and Home Magazine

The Dramatic Dining Room is just behind the kitchen. A place to showcase some antiques, and an old world iron table. After dinner, guests can escape to the outdoors.

H tv room gluckstein - Copy[1]

Brian Gluckstein

Across from the kitchen, and neatly tucked away, is the family room. This room will take the most abuse, so we need comfortable easy clean seating, and plenty of room to stretch out.

J guest room barbara westbrook - Copy[1]

Barbara Westbrook

Just up the steps is a beautiful and restful guestroom.

M  bedroom 1 - Copy[1]

N Bedroom 2 nancy price - Copy[1]

Nancy Price

And finally my little piece of heaven, a traditional, peaceful and very romantic master bedroom.

P masterbath2 - Copy[1]

O masterbath1[1]

Sarah Richardson

A large master ensuite, with double sinks, freestanding tub, and massage therapy shower.

image

Barbara Barry

My private retreat is a large dressing room with a vanity table right under a window, and room to house a beautiful collection of clothes and shoes.

I laundry room ap therapy[1]

Apartment Therapy

And speaking of beautiful clothes, I love laundry rooms. It’s the most therapeutic of the housekeeping chores. My laundry room would be more of a studio, for potting and crafts as well.

Q Ina Garten House Beautiful[1]

Ina Garten’s home, House Beautiful

Outdoor rooms are just as important as the indoor ones.

R spitzmiller and Norris - Copy[1]

Spitzmiller and Norris

And here she is at dusk.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my dream home. I am missing rooms for my two little munchkins, think bright red fire trucks for one little boy, and a beautifully draped canopy bed for a pretty little girl.

Hope that you are all enjoying a wonderful week, and I wish you a very peaceful and joyous Christmas holiday.

Thanks again Paloma. Looking forward to all the exciting things you will be bringing us in the New Year!

Vie

9 comments:

The Purse-a-holic said...

Just beautiful!

http://jannsboutique.blogspot.com/

quintessence said...

Loving this series!! I have never seen the photo of that wonderful laundry room - that is now my dream household command center as well. Love Anne Decker's designs and that library is just fabulous! What a beautiful home this would be!

I Dream Of said...

Such a clever series. Love her choices. Especially the dining room!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Love Vie and her dream home!

Great series.

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Gorgeous! I want to participate!x

Frozen Fashion said...

A Divine Dream Home! Elegent and a great blend of all three homes in one:)


Such Talent Verdigris Vie:)

Paloma, what a pleasure it is to discover your blog:)

Ciao
<3

Down Comforter said...

I have never seen such a beautiful entrance! I think i may have just found my dream house also!

Unknown said...

Lovely! I could make that master bedroom mine in a heartbeat! I am going to be looking for a huge white bolster pillow starting now!

Thanks for the wonderful blog!
xoxox,
Sandee

Marie Söderberg said...

woaw..very very nice pics..elegant and classy :) have a lovely sunday/Marie