photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dream Home: Sketch 42

sketch42

After doing the “10 Things I Can’t Live Without” series for over a year (thanks to all of you who participated and to those who read the series so faithfully), it is time for a new series to come to fruition on La Dolce Vita. You may recall that a couple of weeks ago, I created a post about what my dream home would look like, using images from various designers and magazines. The post seemed to resonate with a lot of you (who doesn’t love dreaming up plans for a gorgeous home?) and I decided to invite some of my fellow bloggers to share their ideal homes with you in the new “Dream Home” series that will be published every Tuesday on La Dolce Vita. First up, we have the stylish and hilarious Nicole of Sketch 42. Enjoy!

Hello Everyone!

I am loving Paloma's latest idea for a guest series- THE DREAM HOME! ... Choosing my alltime favorites hasnt been easy, but here is a collection of rooms I would love to live in!

The exterior...Yummy white house with a huge porch.

Please join me in the lovely foyer

{Windsor Smith}

Should we have a drink in one of our few libraries before dinner? I'll go get the snacks from the kitchen:

{Miles Redd}

Cause we have two libraries. Any little in between room, we turned into a library, because we love books and dark sexy rooms.

{Lonny JK Place}{Badgley Mishka's place in Elle Decor}

Walk through this hallway to get to the other side of the house:

This is our den/chilling room. {My own photos from Kips Bay - by Aman and Carson}

Or we could sit in the living room... its pretty beautiful in there too.

{Home of Oprah's Producer, by Nate Berkus, Elle Decor}

We have a formal dining room, but this little table in the living room is our favorite place to eat.

{My own photo from the Designer Visions at The Setai 5th Avenue by Richard Hallberg for Veranda and based on the movie Wall Street.}

A sexy guest room... Feel free to sleep over:

{Ryan Korban}

Or you could sleep in my room... (PS this is my actual bedroom!){My bed!}I’m really messy... but I love my closet:

{Windsor Smith}

Since this is my own imaginary house... I gave it tons of sexy little sitting areas. My favorite type of rooms. All I have ever wanted is a library, so I gave this house two! (I don’t know why we don’t have any bathrooms... I guess in my imagination we have no bodily functions!)

I hope you enjoyed my imaginary house tour and I hope one day I have a house this awesome!

Thanks for having me Paloma- What a fun little exercise!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new series! Your so creative!

P.S. I love this... said...

That house and living room is amazing.

Creategirl said...

What a fun new series Paloma! It gets me thinking of my own dream home! Nicole I love the front porch and the 2 libraries so cozy and perfect for a relaxing afternoon! That staircase is just unbelievable so beautiful, I love every room in your "dream house"! great post!

Meg said...

GORGEOUS! love that dream house!

casey at loft and cottage said...

What a great new series! Nicole, LOVE your dream home. It feels like it really exists--and definitely should!

hello gorgeous said...

You have the best taste.

MFAMB said...

what a coincidence your house looks very much like mine in a few rooms. the outside is gorgeous. but too big for me...i think? my ocd to clean would be the death of me in a place like that.

Unknown said...

I lurv this series!!! I would be quite happy indeed to live in this dream home of Nicoles- the living room and dining room are personal favourites of mine. Fabulous all around!! xo

Jessica said...

I love this series and all of the images you selected!

The Iconic Blog.com said...

How wonderful! I would love to participate! Let me know if you would like another blogger to join the fun!xx

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Her own bedroom is divine! Who needs a bathroom anyway?! :) Paloma, this series is going to be great. I loved reading the 10 Things too.

Sketch42 said...

Jenny- the house comes with a full staff of course. Cleaning crew, chef, "House manager" The works!

Behind the Lashes said...

Great closet, and such a beautiful kitchen. I'm such a sucker for built-ins ha. Love your (dream) home!

quintessence said...

Many of these rooms are on my wish list as well, especially Miles Redd's fabulous kitchen and the libraries. But wait - I just read through the comments again - and I can't only person said anything about your gorgeous 'real' bedroom!! With the same paper I am considering for my powder room!!

Design Goddess said...

I like this new series and I love "sketch's" bedroom. That black wallpaper is fabulous.

Sketch42 said...

ha! I just got back from atlanta and its freezing outside... so when I was looking for a cool black and white bedroom- all I could think of was my own!

Unknown said...

What a fun idea...my wheels are turning. LOVE it!

Cathy said...

I love the color of those blue kitchen cabinets! Looks perfect against the hardwood flooring. Luckily, I just learned how to paint my cabinets after reading this post:http://www.kitchenimproved.com/index.php/kitchen-design-ideas-paint-kitchen-cabinets/ Now I found the perfect color for mine. Thanks!

Noelle said...

My favorite room is her own bedroom. Can't wait for more in this series - great idea!

Susan Abramson said...

I love the navy kitchen - wow!!!

traci zeller designs said...

Now that is amazing!! I die.

Sarah M. Winchester said...

That kitchen. Oh that kitchen. Love this new series Palmoa! Fabulous idea.

http://sarahwinchester.wordpress.com/

Concrete Jungle said...

Amused with all the sitting areas from a girl who probably doesn't sit too too much!

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

What a great series! I will be tuning in to see who's next.

xo,
cristin

little luxury list said...

Great series Paloma and too, too fun! Agh, in love with the colors, patterns, and space of Oprah's producer's living room!

Anonymous said...

Wow. This never happens on Oprah! Nobody has ever thought about this.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

LOTS of different styles... very unique and fun!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

LiveLikeYou said...

I'm moving in!!

A Casa da Vá said...

What a lovely post! Her dream home rocks!