photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, September 3, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 09.03.10

Can you believe it’s already September? I must admit, I am freaking out a little bit because I have been hard at work for the past few months on a new project that I hope to announce very, very soon (stay tuned!) and it seems like each month goes by more quickly than the last.

In the meantime, I haven’t been able to get David Kaihoi’s gorgeous, teeny-tiny apartment out of my mind since I first laid my eyes on it in the August issue of House Beautiful. I’m not usually a fan of purple, but it looks so regal and luxe in this space, doesn’t it? I think it comes from the addition of black in the room. The glamorous chandelier doesn’t hurt either.

{Kaihoi had a corner banquette custom-designed in order to maximize the space in his family’s living room. The walls are Purple Haze by Benjamin Moore}

{The same space doubles as the family’s dining room, which is accomplished through the addition of a table. The red Tripp Trapp high chair by Stokke looks fantastic in the setting. Though I must admit, I have no idea how a baby would sit in it. Is it safe?}

 

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

 

Image Credit: House Beautiful

16 comments:

GFS said...

AAh! These images give me life! I am so glad it's finally September! I was so over the summer heat in Houston! I found you via Get It Girl Style blog. Now let me poke around:)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I love it! That chandelier is perfection!

Georgia said...

yeah I have no clue how this high chair works! I love purple walls it reminds me of friends haha.

xxx

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE the dark and rich color!

Have a wonderful weekend Paloma ~
xo Laura

Dhalia Edwards said...

Hello Paloma…I find your blog very intriguing and I find myself not getting enough of it. It may be the colors that are drawing me in and these fabulous rooms. I really love this shade of purple. Not sure if my husband would go for it but it’s utterly lovely. Will check back soon.

Dhalia

Unknown said...

that seat for the child has a table that goes in the front like a regular high-chair and it also has a strap - my brother had that for my Niece - it's very safe and my Niece loved it ... all of his friends have/had it too .. :o)

Samantha Hutchinson said...

seriously so so gorgeous. between the purple tone and the chandelier im in love!

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

I am obsessed with this space, although the idea of living in whatever ridiculously tiny square footage it was mentioned in the article kind of gives me a panic attack.

Daniella@ThisCouldBeMeToday said...

That is such a happy and glamorous space! I absolutely love it! Haha I'm glad someone explained the high chair! I've been wondering how it worked, too!

jacqueline. said...

Amazing! So glam, so warm, so happy.

Gwen Driscoll said...

Really, just so beautiful. Thanks for the reminder. Hope you are well & can't wait to hear about your project. Exciting!

Lupi said...

amazing home, such a great interior! I really like the wall colour, it really makes the space look luxurious and interesting!

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

Just letting you know i linked to your blog :)

Northern Light

JulieB said...

Wow, these are stunning - very dramatic

Anonymous said...

That House Beautiful was one of my favorite in years!!!! The glossy colors are to die for!

http://sarahwinchester.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

I am in LOVE with the white bedframe....Can you please share where you got it from. Thanks sooo much!