photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Cookbooks by Old Favorites

Ina's Summer Fruit Crostata

Giada De Laurentiis and Ina Garten have long been my favorite Food Network personalities. Not only do I enjoy watching them (unlike Rachael Ray and Sandra Lee), but their food is delicious. Both Giada and Ina choose to make simple, healthful (mostly), elegant, delicious food. I have made many, many of their recipes and they have all been wonderful.

My mother is an amazing cook, but truth be told, I didn't really learn to cook too much from her. Mostly, I didn't care to learn while I was living with my parents since I knew my mom would do all the cooking and I loved her food. She tried teaching me how to make some things, but I would get impatient since she doesn't measure anything and would always take over. It wasn't until after I left my parents' house that I really started to cook. I would watch Ina (whose cooking reminds me SO much of my mom's) and Giada and learned a lot about techniques and flavor profiles. I turned out to be a pretty good cook, if I do say so myself. I recently learned that both ladies are releasing new cookboks this fall and can't wait to order them!



Giada's new cookbook, Giada's Kitchen will be released on September 30th and features "updated twists on classic trattoria favorites, California-inflected, hearty but not overwhelming, and with the perfect balance of healthfulness and terrific flavor".



Ina's new cookbook, Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics debuts on October 28th. It "is the essential Ina Garten cookbook, focusing on the techniques behind her elegant food and easy entertaining style, and offering nearly a hundred brand-new recipes that will become trusted favorites.Ina Garten’s bestselling cookbooks have consistently provided accessible, subtly sophisticated recipes ranging from French classics made easy to delicious, simple home cooking. In Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics, Ina truly breaks down her ideas on flavor, examining the ingredients and techniques that are the foundation of her easy, refined style."


Images via Amazon and Barefoot Contessa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of Ina and Giada as well. I am happy to know that both will have new cookbooks. Love the blog!

Stephanie H.

Anonymous said...

Giada and Ina are by far my favorite tv chefs (but I also love Martha). I especially love how Giada tends to use fewer ingredients so your meal doesn't end up costing more than if you were to go out for dinner. Have fun cooking tonight :)

Unknown said...

Kylie, you make such a good point in regards to cost. I would have to say that that is definitely the downside to some of Ina's dishes. Some of her recipes require really expensive ingredients, but if you look on the bright side, they are usually delicious. :)

mrsplainjane said...

Both of these look great. I have all of Ina's, but none of Giada's. Can't wait to get both of these in the fall!

Anonymous said...

I love Giada...but remain quite jealous of her svelte physique...either she works out like 3 hrs a day or she never eats!