photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fun Weekend in Dallas


We spent a fun and indulgent weekend catching up with our friends, Meredith and Allen in Dallas this weekend. Meredith and I have been friends since the seventh grade and have remained close ever since despite the fact that we haven't lived in the same city since our senior year of high school. Whenever we're together, it's as if no time has passed at all. Though our stay was short and sweet, we fit quite a few things into our weekend: lots of eating, shopping, some sightseeing, going out for drinks, and playing Rock Band for the first time (I like to sing, while Fabian prefers the drums).



We started Saturday off by having brunch at Bread Winner's, a Dallas institution. It was delicious!


I was super excited to visit the Williams Sonoma Home store for the first time. We don't have one in Houston, but I'm always drooling over their catalogs.


Here's where the indulgent part comes in. Meredith and Allen always take us to some great restaurants, but I always end up feeling like I've eaten enough for an entire month after I leave. We stood in line for a while to get cupcakes at Sprinkles.


Yummy cupcakes: Milk Chocolate (very rich), Strawberry, Vanilla, Coconut


We had such a fun weekend and hope to do it again soon!

New image via Design*Sponge. My husband requested that I get his approval before posting pictures of him. LOL!


11 comments:

paperjunk-lc said...

I love sprinkles! Glad you enjoy our fair city I'm surprized you didn't roast in this hear we're having.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, it was SO hot! I never thought that Dallas could be any hotter than Houston, but I was wrong. LOL!

Sarah Ring said...

I LOVE the Williams Sonoma Home store! Did you get any goodies while you were there? Pardon me while I drool over those cupcakes! :)

Anonymous said...

The photo from Bread Winner's looks sooooo good. I am doing the P90X workout series and am seriously hungry for something sweet...ugh. I'm going to be in the Dallas area in mid-August, I may have to break my diet for something at Bread Winner's - never been there.
Love your blog!

Nancy

avidHOME said...

As a Dallasite I love, love sprinkles and breadwinners! They have the best blueberry pie - and yes it's been ridiciously hot these past two weeks - praying for the rain to come through tonite! Glad to see you had a great time!

MrsKatherineA said...

oh so fun! I need to get to know the big D much better....those cupcakes look amazing!

mrsplainjane said...

YUM, Sprinkles!! :)

Meredith Crump said...

Miss you already!

Christi said...

oh i love bread winners...people in la think i'm nuts because no other breakfast joint matches the deliciousness of bread winners!

Material Girls said...

I love sprinkles!! If it wasn't 8 oclock already, I would swing by and get one, you are making me hungry

Anonymous said...

I'm concerned that Williams Sonoma Home is on the verge of folding... along with Restoration Hardware, etc. I hope not!